Random TV Thread II: Television, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
like even the best series, Battlestar occasionally hits a rough patch spinning interesting character stories across all 75 episodes, but the fundamental quality is always there- the showrunner Ronald Moore is solid for some awesome left-field moments of plotting. It's a great TV show, and a smart decision for you to pick it up.

ugh now this makes me want to watch it again

So The Americans finished strong. Glad I got caught up after falling behind from the fifth episode.

Skipping to the end, I loved how Phil had the man hunting them (and who just shot Liz) to mind the kids. Just a little 'fuck you'. Also glad that while they let Paige notice that something was up with her Mum, she didn't suddenly become Nancy Drew and spot something that a suddenly incompetent Liz left out in the open.

Hope that Granny is back next season, definitely more ground to cover there. I hear that the actress is pretty good in Justified season 2, need to get round to that after the wife and I are done (re)watching Breaking Bad and The Wire.

Yup, great finale. Solid job putting all the pieces together plotwise, and constructing decisions like whether or not the double agent should tell the Russians about the mission for her exfiltration.

Margo Martindale, apparently, will be in season 2 depending on whether or not a CBS pilot she's in gets picked up.

Agreed, great finale to a great season. Many things impressed me about the show, nothing more than the respect the show runners showed the audience.

Here's hoping Margo Martindale's sitcom pilot is shit. And she's terrific in Justified, MS.

5 episodes into Hannibal now- if anyone is dying to get involved with an awesome NBC drama that is a tossup for cancellation, then this is your show. Beautiful cinematography, truly unsettling crimes, and an amazing slow-burn from Mads Mikkelsen. Hugh Dancy is the lead of the show, but the show is doing an elegant job of placing Hannibal lurking on the sides.

Agreed, great finale to a great season. Many things impressed me about the show, nothing more than the respect the show runners showed the audience.

:up:

Finally watched the finale last night. I really like this show, definitely my favorite new show of the last year or so.

Really liking Hannibal so far.

Haven't yet watched the finale of The Americans, but will get on that shit this weekend.

5 episodes into Hannibal now- if anyone is dying to get involved with an awesome NBC drama that is a tossup for cancellation, then this is your show. Beautiful cinematography, truly unsettling crimes, and an amazing slow-burn from Mads Mikkelsen. Hugh Dancy is the lead of the show, but the show is doing an elegant job of placing Hannibal lurking on the sides.

I might watch this one day if for no other reason than to see Le Chiffre's performance.

It's pretty good. I'll be disappointed if it gets cancelled. But not surprised.

After tonight I will have knocked out the first season of Adventure Time in about two days. I'm becoming obsessed.

So who killed Texas Longford in Hollyoaks?

I'm alternating between hating or loving Mercedes and Dr Browning. When Texas is seen pushed out of the window: Mercedes "About a minute before Texas did a Tom Daley" (also Jennifer Metcalfe, who plays her was supposed to star in Tom Daley's reality show splash, so that's a bit of breaking the forth wall there). Then Dr Browning says "I could murder a Texas prime rib". :lol: the two are comedy geniuses.

And the other night when Dr Browning comes home, Mercedes delivers a perfectly timed line in that contralto Mancunian accent of hers :"Your dinner's on the wall"
:lmao: I don't know why that tickles me so much but it just does.

Does anyone here watch Hannibal on NBC?

I watched a Danish movie called 'The Hunt'

and what do you know? Mads Mikkelsen turns up immediately again in this role!

Mikkelsen is probably the second biggest actor from Denmark atm- first is of course Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Really liking Hannibal so far.

Haven't yet watched the finale of The Americans, but will get on that shit this weekend.

Does anyone here watch Hannibal on NBC?

Is it that hard to scroll up?

What the shit am I supposed to do now that I've finished the only available season of Adventure Time, Netflix? HUH?!

Couldn't get into that, but my wife and her cousins are crazy for it.

I suggest catching up with The Venture Bros. by June 2nd if you haven't already.

Maybe I would if someone hadn't inadvertently spoiled crucial plot points for me.

still enjoying Rectify

liked this last episode with the odd goat theif
that he looked horrified at his baptism, the flashbacks are interesting to

Nope. I haven't seen a single episode since Carell left.

Still one of my favorite TV shows ever, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom