Random TV Thread II: Television, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Five I wanna hit after Party Down:

The Sopranos
Louie
The Wire
Eastbound and Down (gotta rewatch Season 1 before I watch the second)
Twin Peaks

i've still only seen archer sound-only (so i guess "seen" should be in douchebag quotes) while reading a book. it seemed pretty lame that way, but i swear i heard coach mcguirk. i think i've posted this before, actually.

I looked up Coach McGurk. He was voiced by H. Jon Benjamin, who also voices Archer.

So that makes sense.

picture-1.png

i've still only seen archer sound-only (so i guess "seen" should be in douchebag quotes) while reading a book. it seemed pretty lame that way, but i swear i heard coach mcguirk. i think i've posted this before, actually.

I will always love Home Movies.

I think we've been through this before. :hmm:

Fawlty Towers is, by a long, long, long way, the funniest show I have ever seen.

The first time I watched the episode "The Germans" I had a stitch after ten minutes.

I think the best way to get the bare minimum out of a book or TV show is to consume them simultaneously. Well done, lifesaver.

i guess i don't get anything out of the books i read at work if i'm listening to the dispatch radio, either then. shit. i guess i should just stop reading altogether.

Fawlty Towers is, by a long, long, long way, the funniest show I have ever seen.

The first time I watched the episode "The Germans" I had a stitch after ten minutes.

My wife had never watched it before so I had the pleasure of introducing her to it. Fucking hilarious!!!

BASIL!!!

Did anyone watch The Dead Zone tv show? I finished the book last week and I'd always been interested in the show, but holy shit, it took 13 episodes to get to the main plot, and half of those episodes were painful. Could anyone tell me if the show gets better from season 2 on?

The series with Ed Glosser was better.

12820290:jpeg_preview_medium.jpg

Male Employee #1: Ed, I want you to meet Bob. He just joined us over in Accounting.

New Employee: Nice to meet you! [ shakes Ed's hand ]

Ed Glosser: [ falls into his trance ] Tomorrow.. on the way to work.. you're gonna buy a cup of coffee..

New Employee: [ anxious ] Yeah?

Ed Glosser: Then you're gonna hail a cab..

New Employee: Uh huh! Does the cab crash?!

Ed Glosser: No.. you're gonna leave the coffee in the cab!

New Employee: Okay.. I guess I'll just have to get another cup when I get here.

Ed Glosser: Look! you don't get it! You're wasting coffee!

You're gonna try to open it with your teeth. It's gonna taste real bad.

Ok. I remember now. I did see the dead zone film some time ago, by accident. Liked it pretty well. Just, when I first got into Monk, it was always on the same night as Dead Zone, our reruns were or something, and I would start watching the show and have no clue what was going on, so I'd always hoped to go back to it someday.

I don't know if this should go in the movie thread or the TV thread ...

Has anyone been watching any of the HBO documentaries? This week I watched Hot Coffee, which was fascinating, and There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane, which was heart-breaking and horrifying.

Has anyone been watching any of the HBO documentaries? This week I watched Hot Coffee, which was fascinating, and There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane, which was heart-breaking and horrifying.

I've been told to see Hot Coffee. It sounds very interesting, especially on a subject that I completely blew off.

(very small pun there)

I loved the Dead Zone series, I was pretty disappointed that during the time they'd lost the plot (using that term literally here) was when USA pulled the plug and it didn't get to finish the whole story. It was pretty cool to see a science fiction/mystery show married to a human drama conceit in a television series. Not to mention I'm a fan of Anthony Michael Hall.

Has How to Die in Oregon been aired on HBO yet? That shit's positively wrenching.

powerhour24 said:
I loved the Dead Zone series, I was pretty disappointed that during the time they'd lost the plot (using that term literally here) was when USA pulled the plug and it didn't get to finish the whole story. It was pretty cool to see a science fiction/mystery show married to a human drama conceit in a television series. Not to mention I'm a fan of Anthony Michael Hall.

It doesn't finish? :uhoh:

Not exactly, it shifts the focus onto something new in the final season instead of the political Armageddon storyline. It isn't cut off on a cliff-hanger, but I definitely wish they were able to do a few more episodes. Still though, great show, especially the first 3 seasons.

Yes, I've seen both. I liked Hot Coffee better than Aunt Diane. In Hot Coffee, the woman's story about being gang raped in Iraq was tough to see play out. In the Aunt Diane doc, it was sad to watch because we'll never really know what happened that day of the Taconic Tragedy. It didn't provide too many new insights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom