Random TV Talk III - Do the Russell Coight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy that's a crackerjack theme song

♪ All Aussie Ad-ven-tures! ♪

So, Hannibal ....

The autoimmune disease the naughty doctor diagnosed Hannibal with and then hid it from him ... I just read a memoir by a woman who had the same disorder! She even talked about doing the "draw a clock face" test. Everyone thought she was having a psychotic break.

Good book. Funny to hear it come up on the show.

easy peasy

Clock_drawing_in_neglect.jpg

I deleted Hannibal off my DVR schedule. I didn't even get 10 minutes into the latest episode, and said "yeah, you know what, I'm done."

Dear TV,

Please stop showing characters waking up passed out/overdosed/post-ictal people by dumping water on them. I'm tired of picking up patients that are all wet.

-IWB

Speaking of TV Shows

Did anyone watch a show called Lilyhammer starring the Sopranos's Little Steven Van Zandt?

van Zandt didnt have to deviate much from his Sopranos' role of Silvio Dante for this role

And speaking of Mafia and mob themed movies, what happened to them since the Sopranos? "Killing them Softly" had an allusion that it was a Mafia/ mob style movie (with Ray Liotta and Gandolfini in it) but it was not a mob/ mafia movie per se

Finished Orphan Black...have a few Veep episodes to catch up on, then it's on to Rectify.

Orphan Black was good, not great. Kept me interested and entertained, though, so good enough. I don't think the lead actress is Meryl Streep or anything but she sure was asked to do a lot all things considered.

Deep, I have not watched Banshee as of yet but might give it a go down the road. As for the Borgias, for whatever reason, just not interested.

And, soon people....Sopranos......I am curious as to what I'll remember from the first two seasons...

Oh, and, Breaking Bad cannot return soon enough.

Incidentally started watching The Sopranos again this past week, first time for the ladyfriend-fiancee. Nearing the end of Season 2 now. This shit is seriously the best thing to ever happen on TV.

In fact it's probably better than 80% of my favorite films too.

F
Orphan Black was good, not great. Kept me interested and entertained, though, so good enough. I don't think the lead actress is Meryl Streep or anything but she sure was asked to do a lot all things considered.

Agreed. Pretty hardcore ending. I wonder if they knew they were getting renewed when they decided to go with that, or if they had an alternate shot just in case.

Anyway, homegirl beat out some impressive competition last night:

Critic's Choice Awards 2013 » Tatiana Maslany - YouTube

Fantastic finish season finale to Hannibal tonight. Reminded me a bit of how the first season of Homeland ended in terms of committing to something, even if all the loose ends aren't tied up.

As if it wasn't already bad enough that my housemates watch fucking Bones all the time, now they've started watching Castle, which is exactly the fucking same, down to ridiculous crime plots and lame, predictable acting. I've seen episodes of both shows where a murder victime was someone with fucking devil horns surgically attached to their head. Fuck. Off.

I now own 'The Kramer', but I am annoyed by the quote at the bottom, which reads "He is a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away." There is no comma between "loathsome" and "offensive". I guess that's what you get for $25.

I don't know, for 24.99 that grammar might be excusable, but not 25.

Glad to see "Copper" being back on BBC America for it's second season. After last night's second episode, I can say this will be a pretty good season.

I'm looking forward to it.

Their vague campaign for the last how ever many months worked on me.

Speaking of Russell Coight

Glenn Robbins appears on twentysomething, a budget ABC2 series

Along with Hamish Blake, Its a bit of a coup to get him on the cast

Speaking of Glenn Robbins he has a role on Ray Lawrence's Lantana, a drama set in Sydney. Its probably the only role which he has done which is not comedic or slapstick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom