Random Pitchfork Darling Talk LXXXIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She can actually sing. Unlike everyone else, who can only play with their talk boxes.

I seriously have no clue what the rest of the article was about because I stopped right there.

So Pink is the savior of pop music? Alrighty then.

four%20tet%20pink.jpeg

Too bad they haven't done anything memorable in a long time.

The first two albums are classics, though.

I disagree. Love late Nine Inch Nails, and The Social Network score was excellent. Looking forward to this!

After about four listens, The Lonesome Crowded West is finally starting to grow on me. It's a huge slab of brittle, abrasive rock music and hooks aren't readily apparent in most tracks, but now favorite tracks are starting to surface for me. The run from Lounge (Closing Time) to Trailer Trash is unstoppable. I'd cut it down to 12-13 tracks and Truckers Atlas could maybe be 5-6 minutes instead of 10, but it's a really strong album.

After about four listens, The Lonesome Crowded West is finally starting to grow on me. It's a huge slab of brittle, abrasive rock music and hooks aren't readily apparent in most tracks, but now favorite tracks are starting to surface for me. The run from Lounge (Closing Time) to Trailer Trash is unstoppable. I'd cut it down to 12-13 tracks and Truckers Atlas could maybe be 5-6 minutes instead of 10, but it's a really strong album.

Yeah, I love the actual "song" part of Truckers Atlas, but hate the jam. Have you watched the Pitchfork documentary yet? It got me massively obsessed with Doin' The Cockroach and Teeth Like God's Shoeshine.

I've always felt like some of the weakest songs on the album are the two or three right after the opening track. Sort of a weird section of an album to not enjoy.

There are albums by them that I haven't spent a lot of time with and I haven't heard their last EP yet, so I would welcome a thread for them.

Moon and Antarctica would be the obvious choice as a great album that's also more accessible than the early stuff. Good News isn't as good of an album but it's at least got a hit.

Back
Top Bottom