Random Pitchfork Darling Talk LXXXIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Broken Bells sucked but Modern Guilt, Demon Days, The Mouse and the Mask and St. Elsewhere are just too good. Very excited to see what he has cooking with The 2.

DM doesn't need to reinvent the wheel here, just give the group some energy and some taste w/r/t music that's going to matter now.

I'm certainly not expecting some hip-hop version of Passengers.

Congratulations to All of the Lights, but my question is - is the "if you ain't no punk holla 'we want prenup we want prenup yeahhh'" part of Gold Digger the greatest moment in music history?

I went into the U2 parts of this place. Work is that boring tonight.

Jesus Christ, all the same usual shit about a new U2 album. "Now I know people always say this, but this time around U2 has some really fresh ideas and a bold new take." How many bloody times has that been said about everything they have done over the last 15 years?

/Rant

Ive changed my mind about that stupid daft punk song. It's so stupid that I kinda like it now

Jesus Christ, all the same usual shit about a new U2 album. "Now I know people always say this, but this time around U2 has some really fresh ideas and a bold new take." How many bloody times has that been said about everything they have done over the last 15 years?

/Rant

Yep. And you can bet as soon as the new album comes out, Bono will start talking about all of the leftover ideas they have and how they are thinking about putting out another album within the next year and I know he says that every album but this time it really seems like they have a lot of songs that are almost finished... :hyper:

*Intentional run-on sentence.

/Rant
Too often yeah.

My main gripe with NLOTH was not the quality, but the knowledge/thought that it could have been better. I really like the album but I know I would've liked it more had they made some different choices along the road.

I just hope I won't have that feeling with the next album. The fact that they've stuck with just one producer gives me some hope though.

We weren't given a window into this album at all really, so I don't think it will suffer from an overabundance of information.

I just wonder how much of an effect Danger Mouse can really have. I loved Modern Guilt, but I can guarantee you that if U2 churned out something like Orphans or Gamma Ray, everyone in EYKIW would be going apeshit about how boring and/or directionless they think it is.

Hey El Mel, soldiers didn't sacrifice their lives so you could be so bored on this holiday that you're making tired "maybe...we'll see" jokes in EYKIW.

:down:

Back
Top Bottom