Random Pitchfork Darling Talk LXXXIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know, I haven't seen the show yet, but if you have any interest in their music, I would assume that's a deciding factor. I've never seen you post abut them.

So the Kanye survivor ended in a tie? I would have voted for 'All of The Lights' as my least favorite. Both finalists are great tracks though.

No there was an alter vote that had to be negated, so All of the Lights won.

You did in fact vote for AOTL, bollox.

Saw Fleetwood Mac at the Hollywood Bowl tonight, kids. trojanchick99 was sitting right next to me, fancy that.

Show was great, and slightly surreal for me for reasons I'll not bore you with.

Back to your beverages......

Great show last night! I absolutely loved the setlist, and Lindsey Buckingham still shreds.

Trojanchick has turned to the douche seat of The Force, folks.

She was our only hope.

LOL these were the anti-db seats. Let's just say, there were only a couple of rows behind us. Maybe, we are corrupting him.

PS. COBL I'd go. The setlist should be to your liking.

Man, I'm jealous. I'd love to see them but they never booked a show in my neck of the woods. They dropped out late on headlining ACL and were replaced by Depeche Mode.

Depeche Mouse. Danger Mode. Bangin flows. Hangin low. It's all good.

Let's have some fun with Adam Dunn.

Knowing Cobbler, he'd listen to one album by the band and end up sleeping with Stevie Nicks.

Which isn't much of an achievement at this point, granted.

Stand Back really is a shitty choice, but I'd probably have fun with it if I were there.

And I will be in three weeks :happy:

For those of you avoiding The Other Place, this is apparently a tweet from Chris Blackwell:

‏@blackwellrum
Listened to some new music at electric lady land studios earlier with u2 and danger mouse #betterthanever

Pretty legit source, I'd say.

Hopefully he recorded it with a cell phone while making whooshing noises in the background. I'm not sure how I'll process the new album otherwise.

I don't hate Stand Back and well Rumours is still one of the greatest albums of all time so I cannot quibble with playing a bunch of songs from it. Especially, since Christine McVie is no longer touring so you only have the Buckingham/Nicks songs to choose from. Admittedly, they are my favorites anyway.

Also of note, they really do change up their songs, so they do stay fresh.

For those of you avoiding The Other Place, this is apparently a tweet from Chris Blackwell:

‏@blackwellrum
Listened to some new music at electric lady land studios earlier with u2 and danger mouse #betterthanever

Pretty legit source, I'd say.

Not so much avoiding it as waiting until there is some actual news.

Soon, perhaps.

I don't hate Stand Back and well Rumours is still one of the greatest albums of all time so I cannot quibble with playing a bunch of songs from it. Especially, since Christine McVie is no longer touring so you only have the Buckingham/Nicks songs to choose from. Admittedly, they are my favorites anyway.

Also of note, they really do change up their songs, so they do stay fresh.

I love Rumours and am very pleased that a generous supply of tracks are being played from it. As long as Sara and Dreams are played at my show I don't really care what they play.

Personally my favorite Fleetwood Mac album is Then Play On so I'm screwed as far as sets go. :shh:

This will probably be a make-or-break moment for me regarding Danger Mouse. It seems to me that his reputation as a producer has always rested on that mashup he did however many years ago. And yeah, I'm aware of the success of Gnarls Barkley, but it's not like they reinvented the wheel.

Back
Top Bottom