Random Musical Musings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FizzingWhizzbees

ONE love, blood, life
You know when you're listening to a song and a thought pops into your head that you'd quite like to share with the good folks of B&C only it's not really enough of an earth-shattering observation to merit its own thread?

No, just me then? But just on the off-chance that it isn't, here is a thread for posting such random musical musings.

Such as....I Don't Like Mondays is a really bad song, and yet I listen to it repeatedly regardless of its complete lack of musical merit.

Alternatively, one could note that The Cribs are a band who appear to improve with increasing intoxication (the band's intoxication, that is, not the audiences, that would point to a different conclusion altogether) or that The Others are a band whose musical merit is inversely proportional to their ability to play their instruments.

Your turn....

I heard 'Lyla' by Oasis on the radio the other day and thought , "This is possibly one of the worst singles I've ever heard. By any band. Ever."

And I usually kinda like Oasis.

I just heard "Lips Like Sugar" by Echo and the Bunnymen and thought it's a very poor representation of Echo's overall work. And to think, some people only know Echo by this song.

u2popmofo said:
I heard 'Lyla' by Oasis on the radio the other day and thought , "This is possibly one of the worst singles I've ever heard. By any band. Ever."

You and I actually agree for once.

VertigoGal said:
I'm kinda regretting spending 14 bucks on the bravery's cd a few weeks ago...

awww.... we'll forgive you for your youthful errors -- it was an honest mistake. :D

indra :lol: oh my god...

more musings: I know they're fun to hate, but I kinda like the cranberries. :reject: their first album is pretty nice, and there are a few songs on their second one that I like too. I get the feeling I'm the only one.

VertigoGal said:

more musings: I know they're fun to hate, but I kinda like the cranberries. :reject: their first album is pretty nice, and there are a few songs on their second one that I like too. I get the feeling I'm the only one.

:D

I like a few of the Cranberries songs. I think I'd get tired of them over the course of an album, but a song here and there I don't mind at all.

Oh...whenever I hear the song "See Your Lights" (by The Church, but a MWP Church song) I can't help but think it would be the perfect song to use in advertising cutout bras. :wink:

I can't get over how brilliant Elvis Costello's "My Aim Is True" album really is. Very old news to all of you, I'm sure, but I'm just discovering some great classics.

bayernfc, funny thing happened upon reading your Elvis Costello post...a song of his came on the channel I'm listening to. It's not a song off of the album you're referring to (instead the thing says it's from This Year's Model), but that's still kinda weird...

VertigoGal said:

Heh, I don't even own the Bravery's album and I got that, too. Nice one, indra :p.

Originally posted by VertigoGal

I don't mind them, either.

I also discovered one night while listening to the new wave channel that I quite like what I've heard by the Bronski Beat/Communards so far. They've got some rather catchy songs. And the voice on the main singer...whooooooaaaa, talk about high notes...:ohmy:.

Angela

I have 4 albums of The Cranberries'. They made some enjoyable tunes back in the day.

bayernfc said:
I can't get over how brilliant Elvis Costello's "My Aim Is True" album really is. Very old news to all of you, I'm sure, but I'm just discovering some great classics.

totally understand you,
for me i always heard his name and knew what he looked like but never his music and when i finally heard it i was blown away. i would have never before imagined that great music was made by mr costello.

same w/ springsteen, i was only familair w/ dancing in the dark & born in the usa and didnt care for either....then somehow i discovered his first cd and listened to it non stop and then got all his cds which are all great

and my confession....

if i was to only judge by the performances on thier concert dvds,
i think springsteen completely kicks U2's ass in concert
:whistle:

damn it im supposed to be going out somewhere

damn blue crack:angry:

Here's one I posted in the Oasis Don't Believe The Truth thread cos I didn't wanna create a new thread for it.

Guess God Thinks I'm Abel sounds like it has John Lennon on backing vocals! Plus it's got a similar intro and beat as Two Of Us from Let It Be! Am I still alone in this theory? :ohmy: :wink:

*screams off Interference rooftop*
:scream:
Alright!!! I love Michael Jackson's Dangerous! I have the CD and still listen to it and enjoy it!

Happy? :angry:

what I said above is technically an utter lie :wink:

Zootlesque said:
*screams off Interference rooftop*
:scream:
Alright!!! I love Michael Jackson's Dangerous! I have the CD and still listen to it and enjoy it!

Happy? :angry:

what I said above is technically an utter lie :wink:

don't worry about it.

i :heart: dangerous as well. who couldn't?

i just think it's funny that you had the balls to admit it. :laugh:

Palace_Hero said:
I don't know who The Church are and have no urge to ever find out. :(

'tis quite ok.

They probably wouldn't like you either. :wink:

I'm listening to the Pixies and randomly trying to remember which is the Pixies video which everyone seems to think is the most pointless video ever made? Someone help me!

Here Comes Your Man? Where they just stand there and open their mouths instead of singing the lyrics?

No, although that one may well be just as pointless, lol. It's the one where the entire video consists of them running in slow-motion across some rocks on a beach. I think it might be Velouria, although I'm not completely sure. :reject:

u2popmofo said:

I thought this too but I've already said this in the DBTT thread. I mean out of all the great songs on the album (and there are some on it honest!) they pick that one, not just as a single but as the comeback one after 3 years absence! :coocoo: That said, it is better than their song Hey Now (The worst song ever recorded to my ears). And I usually kinda love Oasis.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom