Random Music Thread XXXV: Cobbler Strikes Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But how else is he going to get the message that they don't need to make it a tour staple? :angry:

Ha, I realize I am a hypocrite in this respect.

I just think that Gone or even Last Night On Earth could become major hits with the crowd with that much Bono catwalk action. :shh:

Some of us may be hoping that G-d steps in again and prevents the concert from taking place.

From a purely entertainment perspective, Peef's reaction would be better than any actual concert review.
This made me laugh, but if it happened, I'd probably burn buildings. Bono's house, your house, God's house, all sorts of houses.

So how long until this Chicago fan cam photo gets developed? I want to see how awesome I look taking a picture of the 360 fan cam.

Ha, I realize I am a hypocrite in this respect.

I just think that Gone or even Last Night On Earth could become major hits with the crowd with that much Bono catwalk action. :shh:

Those are both fabulous live songs. I am really sorry that I never got to see PopMart. That tour was perfect for my tastes.

Those are both fabulous live songs. I am really sorry that I never got to see PopMart. That tour was perfect for my tastes.

I watched that European Music Awards performance of Mofo that always gets posted around here when I got back from the show. It's one of the few U2 performances I've found that makes me as giddy as if I were actually there. Shit, that's a badass song. For a band in crisis, Bono had a lot of swagger there.

bono walking around the catwalk pretending to rock out on his guitar at the end of last night on earth would get the crowd going.

It's just as well he got rid of that thing and gave it to somebody who can play it.

Popmart was my second U2 show, and the only show I've ever bought a scalped ticket to.

It was totally worth it.

I don't think it had ever occurred to me in the 90s that going to multiple shows was something that people actually did.

Last Night on Earth is the only U2 song where Bono really contributes a lot on the guitar, from what I've noticed. It took me a long time to realize he wasn't just pretending like he does on most songs.

He's also playing a lot on
The Fly on this tour.

I watched that European Music Awards performance of Mofo that always gets posted around here when I got back from the show. It's one of the few U2 performances I've found that makes me as giddy as if I were actually there. Shit, that's a badass song. For a band in crisis, Bono had a lot of swagger there.

That tension is what made Pop such a great album and PopMart such a great tour. I was reading a New Order review today that said that great bands make the internal tensions over direction and style into something catalytic and driving; I thought that was a nice insight that could be applied to U2's finest albums.

Bono during that time was like some immaculately-crafted hybrid of my favorite frontmen: the moxy of Plant, the fey chic of Gahan, the common touch of Berninger, the ethereal vibe of Yorke, the attitude of Daltrey.

I was in Japan during the Popmart tour. Please allow me to feel sorry for myself for a moment here. U2 had not been to Utah since '83, and I was in Japan when they finally came back. I was nearing the absolute height of my fandom (probably at its peak during the ATYCLB period, which is why I finally joined this forum after a year or so of lurking), had never seen the band, they finally come back to the state, and I was in freaking Japan.

That was probably the only reason during the two years I was there that I thought, "I'd rather be in Utah". :wink:

Zoo TV remains the tour where I saw them the most, I think.....you could count on about 8-10 shows per tour from me from that tour on, though.

I like that you chose "bidet" of all things.

Damn. In contrast, I haven't seen U2 in 6 years...I might be once more for Minneapolis, but damn. Most of the 360 gigs you saw had massive travel expenses tacked onto them as well, so I'm impressed that you still got into that ballpark.

It seemed intrinsically douchey.

I was in Japan during the Popmart tour. Please allow me to feel sorry for myself for a moment here.

I was in Europe when U2 toured Joshua Tree in the US. :sad::sad::sad:

Although those were the greatest months of my life at the time so I didn't really care all that much until later.

I am gunning for you guys. No bites yet on my call for two tickets.

Ashley is pushing hard for it, and I'm very curious to see another show from a wildly different perspective. I barely saw any of the visuals yesterday.

I'm remaining optimistic; my mother is purchasing our Pitchfork Fest tickets out of the goodness of her heart (and love for TV On The Radio, Fleet Foxes, Cut Copy), so we don't have to worry about that anymore, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom