Random Music Thread XXXIII: Laz Goes Tubing, Gets Run Over By Tugboat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is one of those situations where I'd probably fork over the extra coin for the big balls-out edition, given that Achtung Birdie has inexplicably remained my favorite album of all time. For that reason, I know I'd actually watch the documentaries and whatever else. Would do the same for Cockropa actually. If this big ass bundle is real talk after all, it damn well better have LPs.

Word, bro. I love every single part of the Sydney Zoo TV DVD, all the docos (and the Zoo Confessionals :drool:) are awesome. Inside Broadcast show (one with Bad?!) would be great.

Yeah, Rolling Stone apparently had that news out. There seems to be some confusion over the meaning of the "super-package"; it doesn't seem clear if they will be bundled together, or if that's just one option to buy some Jumbo Deluxe King Crab Edition, or what.

I searched the RS site but didn't find any news item on that.

However, I did find out that Shuttlecock placed three songs on the new 100 Best Songs of the 00's List. Squirtigo (somewhere in the 60's), Moment of Service (in the 30's) and Beautiful Play (#9).

With apologies to Uncle T-Bag, the worst case scenario is I buy the two LPs (already an absolutely certainty) and download all the bonus material. This is also the most likely scenario since there's no way they're smart enough to package the LPs with the extras. These are the same dumbasses who didn't even put a download code in my No Net 2xLP which hasn't been touched in years.

Cobbler, not having the CockTV DVD, I haven't seen the docs on it. Hopefully whatever they put out with this shit is on the Blu.

Ok, saw the link in the thread in The Other Place.

Here's a choice quote from Paul McCockne$$:

"There will be multiple formats. If you pile a lot of extra material and packaging and design work into a super-duper box set, there are people who will pay quite a lot for it, so you can budget it at a very high level and pump up the value."

You fucking capitalist pig. I can't believe I helped sing Happy Birthday to this asshole the other night.

That value better be pumped up very high indeed.

We all know that's how it works, but jesus, how about a little tact?

This is going to seem like a quick change of heart, but people should take a firm stance and not buy that shit if he's going to be such a blatant dick about it. It's one thing to think that; it's completely different to come right out and insult your fan base, no matter how much most of them are begging for it.

I think it's based on how many posts you have. Maybe it changed when you hit 5,000? You should be able to change it to something else - go to your user CP.

That quote is just unreal. Is it too much to hope for that he was taken out of context, or that's not a direct quote?

What does it have to do with Shuttlecock is what I'm wondering. Maybe I'd have known if I spent $80 on each remaster to watch the docs.

PhilsFan said:
There are docs on the ZooTV Sydney DVD?

Yep. A what-it's-about thing, a behind-the-scenes and one on the trabants. Plus a 5 minute clip from the confessionals booth they had, which is fucking hilarious. This is all on the 2-DVD set.

Imperor said:
This is going to seem like a quick change of heart, but people should take a firm stance and not buy that shit if he's going to be such a blatant dick about it. It's one thing to think that; it's completely different to come right out and insult your fan base, no matter how much most of them are begging for it.

I am mortified that he has been quoted on that. Utter disbelief.

Probably one of my Top 3 Boner moments, easily

Another one is when he was singing No Diggity when they were coming back from commercial during a Kurt Loder interview for Poppycock. Which I think was also shot on a roof.

Good luck finding that clip.

If those are the kind of goods one can expect to find on the big bad mean motherfucker versions, I take back what I said about McCockne$$. Do your worst, you fat bastard.

29ub9l.jpg

lazarus said:
Probably one of my Top 3 Boner moments, easily

Another one is when he was singing No Diggity when they were coming back from commercial during a Kurt Loder interview for Poppycock. Which I think was also shot on a roof.

Good luck finding that clip.

Must have been incredible being a fan when they were the coolest maufuckas on the planet :sigh:

Oh, alright. I just have the single disc Zoo TV DVD. This was back when I used to pay for things, before people uploaded all that to YouTube.

There's an awful lot of material on ZooTV they can show, and I'm really hoping for another full concert, we got one for JT after all.

Disc 3: Demos & Outtakes (those early versions of Hold Me Thrill Me and Wake Up Dead Man would be great to hear)
jesus fucking christ this would be amazing.

I think it's based on how many posts you have. Maybe it changed when you hit 5,000? You should be able to change it to something else - go to your user CP.
yeah, it is. and only premiums can change it, though.

and wow, i can't believe paul just came out and said that. i usually :rolleyes: at how over-the-top the forums are about calling him a capitalist pig, but that...only a capitalist pig would come right out and say they're going to gouge fans like that.

i will fucking buy whatever omg deluxe version there is, though. at least i've got another fan to go halfsies with.

With apologies to Uncle T-Bag, the worst case scenario is I buy the two LPs (already an absolutely certainty) and download all the bonus material.

I'll probably do this also. 90s U2 LPs are fucking impossible to find, and I don't need physical copies of unreleased material.

Not really interested in another gig, to be honest. ZooTV Sydney is all I could ask for, setlist-wise. If it's that or a treasure trove of unreleased outtakes and demos uh, yeah, I'll go with the latter. U2Start FTW.

Oh, alright. I just have the single disc Zoo TV DVD. This was back when I used to pay for things, before people uploaded all that to YouTube.

I still only have it on VHS....

I've also yet to watch all of Slane, the Vertigo DVD, and the 360 Blu-Ray. Not really sure why I buy these things.

Back
Top Bottom