Random Music Thread XXXIII: Laz Goes Tubing, Gets Run Over By Tugboat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still catching up on threads from the last two days. I look forward to reading this greatest burst of insanity.

And I'd forgotten about my Milla joke!

Did your friend like the show, laz?

I'm a little sad that no one acknowledged Cori's Milla Jovovich "Hottest Chica"-esque remark in the infamous Morrissey thread. I LOLed

That was very well-played. There were so many things in that thread to which I wanted to reply, but it was closed before I found it. That might be the first time that I have ventured into the tour forum, ever.

That is some meta shit right there.

2m42l8z.jpg

Did your friend like the show, laz?

She was pretty overwhelmed, as she had never seen them before. I think she cried about five different times (insert joke here).

She also buddied up with another woman who was there with her boyfriend and they were dancing together al lot. Her enthusiasm is a bit contagious.

We had a long conversation on the way home about how hypocritical many Shuttlecock haters are, and that if most of them subjected themselves to a show like this they would come away impressed and with more admiration. She proceeded to call one of our friends who is a detractor and lecture them.

I think she cried about five different times (insert joke here).

Geez, they weren't THAT bad.

*boom tish*

She also buddied up with another woman who was there with her boyfriend and they were dancing together a lot.

That is awesome.

She proceeded to call one of our friends who is a detractor and lecture them.

As is that! I love it.

I know a guy who went to the Seattle show, even though he is not really a fan and kind of hates Bono, because they were a "bucket list" band. I don't think he came away with a newfound love for them or anything, but he said he was impressed and was really glad he went.

It made me smile.

Okay, Cobbler. You are clearly in a bad space today, but Redhill is our friend, and the Barenaked Ladies are triple platinum. Are you?

As is that! I love it.

I know a guy who went to the Seattle show, even though he is not really a fan and kind of hates Bono, because they were a "bucket list" band. I don't think he came away with a newfound love for them or anything, but he said he was impressed and was really glad he went.

It made me smile.

Yeah, I wish I had more tickets to give away per show and more friends who were open-minded enough to check it out.

I imagine if they had played in my neighborhood at Dodger Stadium it would have been easier to convince people.

And I have to say, when it became clear that the band was throwing away the normal show-structure (well, at least until they got it back on track), I really wished I was standing by you guys so we could all freak out together.

and I'm still a little bummed that we didn't get Bad(minton). It's what prevented this show from being an All-Timer.

lazarus said:
And I have to say, when it became clear that the band was throwing away the normal show-structure (well, at least until they got it back on track), I really wished I was standing by you guys so we could all freak out together.

Someone needs to sig this quick. How touching.

Seriously though I did dream after my shows that there was like 50 interferencers at one of the shows, and we were all in the same spot as they played some crazy set. Nerdiest/best dream ever.

I have to say....it was kind of extra special getting to watch with so many interlanders....we all post in so many different threads that I sometimes forget the core thing most of us have in common.....a love of the band. Like, a pack of die-hards, not casual fans. It made for a unique and special environment that I'll not soon forget.

I got to hear Bad with bono_man2002 and alisaura, and we all started going crazy, to absolute bemusement of nearly everyone around us, so that was pretty cool :)

I never should have invited the douchebag I invited to SLC. My experience is marred by hearing him do nothing but bitch about the gig for ten minutes afterward. :sigh: Oh, well. There's always next tour.

Hey, at least I sang along this time.

What the hell kind of fan are you?

Oh, right, a douchebag.

As Ashley mentioned last night, I'm pretty bummed by the lack of Interlanders (well, that I know/give a shit about) attending the Chicago gig. I'm sure it will be great fun, but that element is missing for me a bit. I mean, GAF is going, but the only place he'll be lining up at is the liquor store. And maybe a Disney Store, if there's one nearby.

Yup/shouter not going?

I wish I had more consistent work... I want to buy so many TV shows on DVD. Fresh Prince of Bel Air is the latest.

9.5 from THE FORK! for Bon Iver.

Yup/shouter not going?

I wish I had more consistent work... I want to buy so many TV shows on DVD. Fresh Prince of Bel Air is the latest.

9.5 from THE FORK! for Bon Iver.

Let's just say that the Chicago meetup thread has :hug:s as far as the eye can see.

Great choice, although Nick At Nite overexposure lowered my interest in purchasing the show exponentially.

1.4 points higher than For Emma? Gag. The record's good, but nothing that spectacular.

I got to hear Bad with bono_man2002 and alisaura, and we all started going crazy, to absolute bemusement of nearly everyone around us, so that was pretty cool :)

It baffles me that Bad has only been played a handful of times on this tour, it's just plain sad. Not that I haven't seen it live in my life, but never on this tour. In fact, has it been played at any NA dates at all?

Clarendon? You should stop at the Nuttin Fancy Cafe and say hello to my cousin Wilbur Imperor. He works the fryer on the weekends.

I'm holding a ticket in my hand. Purchased on Tuesday, November 17, 2009, for a show on Monday, July 12, 2010 at Lincoln Financial Field in South Philadelphia. It is a general admission ticket for a band I will be seeing for the first time.

It is for the U2 360 Tour.

Thursday, July 14, 2011.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom