Random Music Thread XXXIII: Laz Goes Tubing, Gets Run Over By Tugboat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't seen any of Slane, and only have seen the little feature on the Chicago shows from the 360 one, so none of the actual show.

I'm not a real fan. :(

No one deserves to have to pay for a disc of atrocious U2 remixes anyways.

This is a dangerous time for you.

"Scumbo! Your badge and your musket, on my desk NOW."

daniels.jpg

Apparently I'm not. WTF is WU LYF?
*gasp* Someone doesn't read Pitchfork every day?

I haven't heard them, but the glowing review does make me curious. Also, this line from the review

Their web presence is so cryptic, they make Dead Air Space look like Lil B's Twitter feed.

is something only an Atease music forum boarder could love/comprehend. Though I really like Ian Cohen's writing and think he's one of the better writers over there in spite/because of stuff like that.

So now that I've outed myself as a regular P-fork reader, I'd say I've out-sheeped the lot of you.

I think most U2 remixes are atrocious, and it hurts twice as bad that they've made legitimate b-sides disappear. There are maybe 4 or 5 U2 dance remixes I'm ok with, which is pretty sad considering the ridiculous amount they've crapped upon us. The idea that they could waste a full disc on a "deluxe edition" of my favorite era on them does not make me happy.

In the band's defense, most all rock song dance remixes are awful, I just don't know what imaginary world the band are living in where they think theirs are actually good, or that they're fans need to hear any more of them.

Sooooooo, how does NSW celebrate a fantastic weekend, followed by finishing his negotiations and getting hired full-time (as a high powered executive, of course) at the Network he's been consulting for late Monday afternoon:

Don't click this if you don't want some ultra-personal info coming your way. I'm serious.

He has a heart attack on Monday night. Good times.

Thanks. All things considered, I'm ok. Not out of the woods yet by any means but, yeah, alive and whatnot.

Sorry to post that in here, I usually don't like to use this thread for anything but fun and games, but I wanted to let you cats know.

Shouter - Sadly, yeah, I'm serious.

Jeez. Wouldn't getting that job have lowered your stress level?

Disclaimer: I am not a medical expert.

Stay strong, champ. Considering your activities on Fri and Sat night I'm pretty sure we can sue that toad McCockne$$ for everything he's got.

If the severe beating of a Canadian would make you feel better, I'll pay Elfa a visit ASAP.

I'd love to say this was about stress, but, it wasn't. It was about my lifestyle. Nobody to blame but me. I'll sue McGuinness anyway, it's in my DNA.

Thanks for the kinds words, Martha, Laz......

Jesus, NSW. That was shocking to read. Glad you're still here to post. Please be on the mend very soon, and be well.

Really sorry to hear that Mike. You and I are both aware I'm an un-empathetic useless bag of dicks, but if you want to shoot the shit about whatever you know where to reach me most of the time.

Jesus, NSW. That was shocking to read. Glad you're still here to post. Please be on the mend very soon, and be well.

I'm mending as I type this. :) Need a 2nd procedure in a few weeks, but, it'll go fine. Thanks.

Really sorry to hear that Mike. You and I are both aware I'm an un-empathetic useless bag of dicks, but if you want to shoot the shit about whatever you know where to reach me most of the time.

This was well worded. :) Thanks......

Awesome news about the job, by the way. I'm still pissed at my local Comcast.

Take care of yourself, bro. Monitor your blood glucose levels at least four times a day, too.

Thanks. Yeah, I will. #'s are elevated right now but not crazy high. They'll come down as I completely revamp my diet.

Awesome news about the job, by the way. I'm still pissed at my local Comcast.

Thanks. If only my benefits would have kicked in that very day. :)

hey so.

if this stupid chilean ash cloud can go and die for a few days, i'd be pretty alright if u2 keep this setlist static.

they can go and drop all the fun stuff if i end up with two weeks of annual leave to fuck around in auckland.

tl;dr: fuck chile.

also, now that i've seen the post, holy fuck mike.

that's terrible. i don't have much los angeles time (if any, and again, fuck you chilean ass cloud), but if i can manage meeting times, let me know when/where you can and i'll see as best i can.

Back
Top Bottom