Random Music Thread LXXVII: We'll Be Careful, Cobbler Will Be Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meesa think...weesa...bein' friends.

boss-nass220x300.jpg

I frequently think, "You know what, maybe the prequels weren't as bad as I remember". Then I remember characters like that.

I frequently think, "You know what, maybe the prequels weren't as bad as I remember". Then I remember characters like that.

I thought he was great, certainly not a poorly-executed idea on the level of Jar Jar. And I love Brian Blessed's voice work. Not just used for comic effect (like the jowl shaking), but also to convey the leader's authority and the wisdom of the culture he's representing.

From the old thread

I never knew this and always thought that was a jingle especially for those ads. Water board that sob.

Careful, if we waterboard Seger for his contribution to automoblie commercials, we have to remove all 10 fingernails, waterboard, ball gag and bring out the gimp for Pete Townshend.

Man, I fucking hated Smooth. Rob Thomas is a tool.

But Santana's collab with Michelle Branch, The Game Of Love, is a guilty pleasure.

Its too bad cause Santana's guitar work in Smooth is decent, but Thomas...well...ugh.

As for Michelle Branch, I recall her having quite a nice "interview" in Maxim magazine around that same time.

Careful, if we waterboard Seger for his contribution to automoblie commercials, we have to remove all 10 fingernails, waterboard, ball gag and bring out the gimp for Pete Townshend.

Haha, we'd have to break out all the medieval torture devices from museums all across Europe if we were going to apply amount of torture to him proportionally to the number of who songs that have been in commercials.

And probably Mick Jones, because I tend to attribute the appearance of the class's version of pressure drop on some car commercial a couple years back to being a money grab. Not enough of one, since there was that big audio dynamite reunion at...cochella I think...last year, but still.

But at least those songs were mostly good. Can't say the same for Seger.

Seger's truck commercials are far less egregious than him collaborating with Kid Rock.

I didn't know about that, either. I've jist generally disliked his music without this truck and kid rock knowledge.

Home security cellular monitoring system ordered and on its way, fuckers.

I really hate typing on this damn iPad. Hate it. But glad I have it.

Also glad I have actual CDs now that my digital library is in the hands of drug addicts.

A friend told me she came home once and the only thing left was a daybed and kitchen dishes.

Then someobody topped that and said they used to live in a trailer and came home one day and the trailer was gone.

That is all. Carry on, my wayward sons.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll buy the Seger tickets. If I really am not feeling up to $120/ticket for Nick Cave/Sharon Van Etten, I'll pay the $60/ticket for Seger. Can't afford both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom