Random Music Thread LXXII: National Lampoon's Bogan Vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Surf's Up is one of the best Beach Boys songs. It might have my favorite lyrics of any of their songs.

Do you realize how many awful thread titles Cobbler can come up with in his time off? Hurry it up, guys.

So this part of the forum seems more dead than normal today. Or is it just me?

It's been pretty dead all week and some of the last.

So, like, what the fuck KROQ? Fuck you.

Listening to that little Glasvegas Christmas EP. Man this guy has an accent.

Man, the big name Aussie tour calendar is busy. I've got tickets for Vampire Weekend, Nick Cave and Bob Mould sorted, with Springsteen and STONE ROSES on sale next week :hyper:

In case anyone cares about the Grammys anymore, here are the Album Of The Year nominees:

Black Keys, El Camino
fun., Some Nights
Mumford & Sons, Babel
Frank Ocean, Channel Orange
Jack White, Blunderbuss

Go Frank.

Fiona only makes it into Alternative, which is pretty ludicrous considering how organic it is.

That category:

M83
Bjork
Gotye
Tom Waits
Fiona

clearly what AOTY should have been, minus the Aussie shit.

I'm gonna be totally honest. And this is with all the love in the world for Channel Orange and Frank Ocean.

He's there because he's a good story.

You know what I mean.

"B-BUT EVERYONE LIKES THE ALBUM IT WAS SO CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED!!!"

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy got snubbed.

"B-BUT IT SOLD GOOD RIGHT?"

Still hasn't gone gold.

"SO THEY'RE TRYING TO BE RACIALLY DIVERSE AND STUFF"

Could have settled on Nicki Minaj.

But this is alright with me, because the album is by far and away the best of this batch. Really, it's the only album there that has potential to one day be remembered as Great.

I'm gonna be totally honest. And this is with all the love in the world for Channel Orange and Frank Ocean.

He's there because he's a good story.

You know what I mean.

"B-BUT EVERYONE LIKES THE ALBUM IT WAS SO CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED!!!"

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy got snubbed.

"B-BUT IT SOLD GOOD RIGHT?"

Still hasn't gone gold.

"SO THEY'RE TRYING TO BE RACIALLY DIVERSE AND STUFF"

Could have settled on Nicki Minaj.

But this is alright with me, because the album is by far and away the best of this batch. Really, it's the only album there that has potential to one day be remembered as Great.

I agree with all this.

Fiona would have been a good story too. Still too crazy for them, I'm guessing.

Would be pretty cool if she took her category. Luckily there's no AOTY for her to compete against. No way M83 or Bjork win. Waits is a possibility, and I'd have no problem with that.

But I have a bad feeling Gotye wins. Hopefully not.

Fiona only makes it into Alternative, which is pretty ludicrous considering how organic it is.

That category:

M83
Bjork
Gotye
Tom Waits
Fiona

clearly what AOTY should have been, minus the Aussie shit.

there's something i'm missing here. m83 and tom waits weren't last year?

So not happy with the new iTunes right now, you guys.

I'm not normally someone who flips out when things get changed (I gladly welcomed timeline on the book of face, for example), but this new iTunes is some bullshit. I love to see my music the way it appears in song view--just a long list. But now if I search, I can no longer view what I've searched for in list form. I have to look at these bullshit groupings where half the artwork is missing (even after I've tried to acquire it for legitimate, well known records, to no avail). I like to do silly things like listen to all of my Ryan Adams songs in alphabetical order, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to let me do that anymore without adding songs to some bizarre "up next" queue.

:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom