Random Music Thread LXXII: National Lampoon's Bogan Vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey IWB,

I listened to the latest Glasvegas album today, EUPHORIC /// HEARTBREAK \\\, and I really, really, really liked it. Really emotive, has some gorgeous but heavy sounds. Thumbs up all around.

:up:

Yeah, I listened to it a second time after the Christmas album, and changed my mind about its utter dullness. It isnt bad at all. Still doesn't come close to how much I like the first one, though.

212ers cure survivor got me to finally get around to hearing actual cure albums rather than the handful of about five songs I knew. I still like those songs better.

I'm going to spend today listening to early Black Keys and White Stripes albums. It's going to be a good day for guitar tone!

I'll give them another try (I really only made it through disintegration and three imaginary boys--not much at all, I know. But it's not like a pulled a total cobbler and started at 4:13 dream or anything). It's the fucking cure. I probably just wasn't really feeling it that particular day. I still love plainsong and a forest, at any rate.

Wow, um...I really have no excuse for that one.

I meant Station to Station.
ashes to ashes, station to station, we know that ashley's umm...something.

212ers cure survivor got me to finally get around to hearing actual cure albums rather than the handful of about five songs I knew. I still like those songs better.
i still don't like that many cure songs. i've tried, i've downloaded a buttload of their albums and given them a listen. and i certainly hear a fair share of their songs on the radio. there's only a whopping three i like.

I heard a Glasvegas album when it first came out. I can't remember what it was called, started with a G I think. Anyway, it was pleasant but unmemorable and kind of sucked in a way. I can't remember which way. I don't care about Glasvegas.

I heard a Glasvegas album when it first came out. I can't remember what it was called, started with a G I think. Anyway, it was pleasant but unmemorable and kind of sucked in a way. I can't remember which way. I don't care about Glasvegas.

I have on of their albums. I kept me entertained for a couple of months. Never bothered to check out anything else by them though.

I liked their debut quite a bit. In fact, I think I'll listen to that in a bit.

What the fuck? Is Gareth just a complete scum-bag or something?

Why is it always assumed that Gareth is behind it? As he writes all the lyrics and Tom does pretty much all the music, it's not hard to imagine someone creative not feeling fulfilled in that department long-term. And it's not like they're making a lot of money, esp. split between 7-8 people plus tech guys.

Anyway, they have to get another girl, right? Can't leave Kim hangin' like that.

.....and now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to unwrap my Celebration Day Blu Ray and enjoy some Led Zeppelin......

I saw this in the theater, it was awesome. I really need to buy it.

It was awesome, for the record. I cannot claim to love every song they performed but overall I really liked it. Some of the songs sounded way better than they had any right to sound, at least to me. Also, really glad that it's Bonham's kid behind the drums....the way the concert ended, with him bashing away at the conclusion of "Rock and Roll" as the other three all look at him with wry smiles was actually kind of touching to me. But I'm a sap.

Anyway, great great stuff.

Why is it always assumed that Gareth is behind it? As he writes all the lyrics and Tom does pretty much all the music, it's not hard to imagine someone creative not feeling fulfilled in that department long-term. And it's not like they're making a lot of money, esp. split between 7-8 people plus tech guys.

Anyway, they have to get another girl, right? Can't leave Kim hangin' like that.

There's a Los Camp! thread somewhere on this site, right?

Beav, weren't you crazy Glasvegas guy?

I liked their debut, I think it was, yeah. Saw them in concert with Kings of Leon (who I really don't like) and sort fizzed out on them after a while. Time is always the biggest test of bands for me. I don't think they've helped up that well, but we shall see. Ask again in 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom