Random Music Thread CXIII: Cause Diemen said so

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, at least Cobbler tries.

Cobbler's certainly been out-Cobblered here.

Diemen should've pulled finger and made the thread himself if he was so worried about the Cobbler threat.

Yeah, I'm gonna give this a solid C- on the thread title, Hewson. Needs more work. See me after class.

Student-Giving-Teacher-Apple-350185.jpg

I don't know, I think mine ordering mofo to change his avatar to the misfits was probably worse.

Animal Collective is only a couple of albums separated from Merriweather Post Pavilion, I'm willing to give their new album a chance.

It's really strange to me how much they get shit on these days, like they're an irrelevant dinosaur band when they had the biggest indie album of 2009.

Last edited:
Animal Collective is only a couple albums separated from Merriweather Post Pavilion, I'm willing to give their new album a chance.

It's really strange to me how much they get shit on these days, like they're an irrelevant dinosaur band when they had the biggest indie album of 2009.

For me, it's like how much longer can they put out these looping, vaguely harmonized tracks with bullshit titles and lyrics? That Panda Bear album from this year was dreadful as well - just more of the exact same shit from him, yet critics seem to fall over him because he sounds remotely like Brian Wilson. This stuff might be interesting if it were 2003, but it sure as hell isn't now.

For me, it's like how much longer can they put out these looping, vaguely harmonized tracks with bullshit titles and lyrics? That Panda Bear album from this year was dreadful as well - just more of the exact same shit from him, yet critics seem to fall over him because he sounds remotely like Brian Wilson. This stuff might be interesting if it were 2003, but it sure as hell isn't now.

Ha, I loved that Panda Bear album. It definitely got very good reviews, but the lack of artistic progression seems to have turned off casual listeners the way it did for Beach House's one-two punch (Depression Cherry was another great album).

I haven't heard the new Animal Collective song, but I'm OK with the fact that their sound has crystallized, just as it has with Beach House, Deerhunter, Beck and very possibly Radiohead (we'll see what their new album brings). Artists get older and fall into familiar but increasingly skillful patterns.

Last edited:
Ha, I loved that Panda Bear album. It definitely got very good reviews, but the lack of artistic progression seems to have turned off casual listeners the way it did for Beach House's one-two punch (Depression Cherry was another great album).

The Beach House comparison is something I was going to bring up. If the new AC album sounds like the lead single through and through, they ought to get the same backlash if things are fair. Obviously I love Beach House very much and so am biased here, but I just don't see the depth in AC that I feel in Beach House - AC has been a decade-long gimmick, basically going all the way back to Strawberry Jam. The whole acid-fried freak-out thing reminds me a bit of 90s Flaming Lips, but they had the good sense to morph out of that for a good long while, even if they seem to be returning to it now.

I don't know why but these artists should let me know first that they're releasing something before actually doing so.

Cobbler's certainly been out-Cobblered here.

Diemen should've pulled finger and made the thread himself if he was so worried about the Cobbler threat.

He hasn't been around for a few days, at least I haven't noticed his posts. So I don't think there was any cause for concern about a Cobbler thread.

Also, that's so typical. As soon as he gets a girlfriend he forgets about his friends. Friggin' Cobbler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom