Random Music Thread - CXII Mofo, it's Halloween, Change your avatar plz.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a microbrewery here, Wet Coast Brewing, that has a pretty tasty seasonal pumpkin ale.

When I was growing up in the 80s, music from the 60s absolutely sounded like "classic rock" to me, and stuff from the 50s was definitely "oldies." That helps put things in perspective for me when STP shows up on the classic rock station.

I maintain that dogfishhead makes a good pumpkin beer. But I only had it once, and it was after enough other beers that my judgement of what's good is suspect at best.

I just had this last Thursday, enjoyed it very much. There's only been two pumpkin beers I've ever said that about.

But otherwise, pumpkin everything is pretty amazing.

And the blend of spices that comprise pumpkin spice aren't bad either.

I'm just going to have to bake you haters a pie from scratch so you can understand the wonder.

I hate pumpkin pie. I try it every so often to see if I find someone's recipe that makes me magically change my mind, but no.

I'll have maybe one pumpkin spice latte each year. They changed the recipe this year and I like it a lot more than previous years' versions. But I've already had mine, so I'm done.

Pumpkin seeds, though? Roasted and salted. YUM.

We've managed to have random weather talk, random food talk AND random Cure talk all in the first three pages of this thread.

We posted at the same time. Yes, we've organically reached four RMT staples in under three pages. I'm not even mad. That's amazing.

There's a huge difference between actual pumpkin and the "pumpkin" that has been overspiced to all hell. You can use pumpkin in any kind of savory dish that would use butternut squash - many of them are delicious.

Homemade pumpkin pies made from actual sugar pumpkins are delicious and don't overdo it on cloves. Ashley is making one this weekend.

Meanwhile, the weather here is dreary as fuck and I'm spending the day listening to depressing music.

Alice in Chains' Unplugged set is fantastic. I love the acoustic side of that band.

There's a huge difference between actual pumpkin and the "pumpkin" that has been overspiced to all hell. You can use pumpkin in any kind of savory dish that would use butternut squash - many of them are delicious.

There are few things more disgusting to me than the inside of a pumpkin. A very unpleasant childhood memory, pulling the guts out to carve a jack-o-lantern.

And I never have again since.

In non-pumpkin news, I listened to a Buzzcocks singles compilation the other day: plenty of good shit on there. Muscular and melodic for a more light-hearted take on punk than some of the more famous bands in that genre.

I don't think I'd use the word muscular to describe the Buzzcocks, unless you're talking about the Quagmire arm the dude in "orgasm addict" must have developed.

The Buzzcocks are alright, they had a few good songs, but I'll take pretty much any of their contemporaries over them anyway, up to and including the Undertones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom