Random Music Talk XXXVIV: Straight Outta Moncton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So. Hey guys. How you going? How's your day? I'm having a pretty splendid week and I just purchased a really funny book MOGWAI ARE PLAYING AT THE HARVEST FESTIVAL and I'm about to going and hand out the rest of my invites.

I actually don't know any Mogwai songs but it's a fucking brilliant lineup. Which album to begin with? The one that came out this year?

And supposedly Janelle Monae and Aphex Twin are rumoured.

It's asked numerous times in the actual thread for the band. Government Commissions. Buy it, don't steal it.

I can't think of too many douchier moves than that, frankly.

Oh, I bet you could.

Some of my best friends are Japanese

<>

are you trying to do this?

^_^

You fucking racist.

How's your sore arm?

Better, I went back to work this morning. It was more the neck and shoulder, I think the arm was just bad yesterday cuz I slept wrong. Only had to take two doses of ibubrofen today, probably will take another before going to bed to be safe.

So. Hey guys. How you going? How's your day? I'm having a pretty splendid week and I just purchased a really funny book MOGWAI ARE PLAYING AT THE HARVEST FESTIVAL and I'm about to going and hand out the rest of my invites.

I saw Mogwai open up for Pavement back in 1997. Or maybe it was 1998, I don't remember.

They were alright. Probably not the best choice for who was headlining.

Best opener for Pavement? Super Furry Animals in 1999. I knew nothing about them and became an instant disciple. Also sharing the bill was Calexico. Damned good lineup.

#2 Pavement opener would be Shudder To Think, those guys floored me. During Pavement's set Malkmus called Craig Wedren "the sexiest frontman in rock and roll". I think Silkworm also played at that show.

/indienostalgia

Crooked Rain (3, Chicago incl. Lollapalooza)
Wowee Zowee/Pacific Trim (1, Albuquerque)
Brighten the Corners (3 Boston, 1 Providence)
Terror Twilight (1, San Diego)

lazarus said:
Better, I went back to work this morning. It was more the neck and shoulder, I think the arm was just bad yesterday cuz I slept wrong. Only had to take two doses of ibubrofen today, probably will take another before going to bed to be safe.

:cute: Laz and Martha conversing about aches and pains.

You won't be able to hurt your arm jerking off to those Pavement memories much longer.

sad_george_michael.jpg

:lmao:

Fucking hipsters.

Your video description made me laugh... But it also reminded me that I havent given you shit for something yet. All through the Arcade Fire set, all I could think about was your comment from months ago that went something like "I love you Regine, but you look like a goddamn wolverine"

Did Friggin Cobbler just step out of a friggin time machine? Jersey Shore references, years old AD jokes, and on facebook "uuh winning".

Fucking hipsters.

Your video description made me laugh... But it also reminded me that I havent given you shit for something yet. All through the Arcade Fire set, all I could think about was your comment from months ago that went something like "I love you Regine, but you look like a goddamn wolverine"
I still remember that too. And now I found it. A year ago this Friday.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/arcade-fire-new-stuff-2010-a-206083-39.html#post6871257

You agreed with him almost immediately.

I really like a lot of Kanye's songs, and like a handful of Jay-Z songs. Therefore, I am looking forward to hearing this album.

I had never heard of them until I read this post.

I think iDub and I live under the same rock.

i immediately was reminded of the barenaked ladies song by that name, but i know that has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

it's a cozy rock, i like it here. jagermeister, captain crunch, nicotine and the brady bunch. just need some help with this boat i'm building. making it out of pudding cups. and i defy someone to get that reference.

I look forward to not caring about that album.

This. Although, perhaps we'll all get lucky and their egos will explode on release day due to douchebaggery (I find it hilarious that people were bagging on Will Sheff for coming off as a douche when folks have seemingly fewer issues with somebody like Kanye...or OH NOEZ! like fucking Bono...anyway, I digress). Then, with their egos crushed, maybe, just maybe they'll start making decent music again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom