Random Music Talk XXXVIV: Straight Outta Moncton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had never heard of a band called "The War on Drugs" until Ashley asked me to listen to a song of theirs today, a song I actually liked a lot.

Any thoughts/opinions on this band, kids?

Since I'm in the same room as her about half the time, I too heard some of their music. Quite good!

New album Slave Ambient out August 16, so I'm all up on that.

Unimpressed. But then again I didn't pay much attention since my date kept blabbing about something or other.

Had you heard their music before seeing them in person, or is this just an assessment of their concert performance? I only ask cos I love Okkervil River but when I saw them at Lolla they were horrid, etc.

If I know ahead of time what bands are on a bill, I'll usually bone up on their tunes before the show. So I listened to a few songs of theirs and wasn't particularly moved to listen to any more.

I'm not going to say they suck since I'm unqualified to do so, but in my limited experience, I wasn't nuts about them.

They're one of those bands that plays every major American festival, so I always see their name but don't think to listen to them since they usually conflict with someone else I want to see. Glad that changed.

I had never heard of a band called "The War on Drugs" until Ashley asked me to listen to a song of theirs today
I had never heard of them until I read this post.

I think iDub and I live under the same rock.

Oh man, General Grievous hurt me when I saw that name. It was a physical pain, in my heart.

"Han Solo" and a German-fied "Dark Father" aren't exactly subtle, either.

But I was talking less about the bigger characters whose names are spoken in the film and more about the ones who you only learn through the credits or seeing the action figure, like "Elan Sleazebaggano", "Clegg Holdfast", or "Droopy McCool".

Nute fucking Gunray.

gingrich.gif

The first girl I ever kissed broke up with me on the phone while I was playing that game, actually.

Sigh. 2007 was a simpler time.

Eh, we were 11. No skin off my back. I have been split up with in much shittier ways. Most recently was the old stop-talking-to-completely-after-Impy-found-out-I'm-moving-in-with-the-boyfriend-I-lied-about-not-having trick.

Imperor said:
Eh, we were 11. No skin off my back. I have been split up with in much shittier ways. Most recently was the old stop-talking-to-completely-after-Impy-found-out-I'm-moving-in-with-the-boyfriend-I-lied-about-not-having trick.

That sounds harsh.

The 2007 thing was a joke. Apparently a very bad one. That game came out in 1999.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom