Random Music Talk XXXVIII: robin-hood-brings-a-rainbow.gif

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Mid-year review time. I have no idea what to put on this thing. I hate self-assessment.

Maybe the Feist album announcement would've got more action had I ranked my favorite third songs on each Shuttlecock album.

For some reason I've lost interest in both Cat Power and Feist, only a couple songs I find myself coming back to and actually enjoying.

I'M GOING TO HARVEST FESTIVAL!!!

Took me about ten tries to get through, but I got there. And that $135 ticket rose to $153.80 after fees. But it's all good. Cos I get to see The Flaming Lips and The National again :dancing:

Imps, :lol: at your comment there, but do you realise that your underage supervillian ego is running amok in EYKIW?

< 18

1. Achtung Baby
2. The Unforgettable Fire
3. No Line On The Horizon

u2popmofo said:
For some reason I've lost interest in both Cat Power and Feist, only a couple songs I find myself coming back to and actually enjoying.

This made me Dawson cry.

Do you think once the toxicology results come out, the official line will be "hot mess"?

I once knew someone who read a toxicology report and in the report the details of the dead person's toxins were revealed and so that's how they knew what was in her body because they did a toxicology report and I knew the person that read it.

I'm sure Feist isn't as bad as my initial reaction makes me think she is, but 1234 made me want to kill, and Mushaboom doesn't make me wet myself in awe or anything. Blender placing The Reminder in their best indie rock albums ever list made me laugh pretty hard. I have no desire to listen to anything by her; maybe once I run out of more interesting female musicians to listen to.

Cat Power is enjoyable. Well, everything but those covers of hers that everyone jerks off to. They make slowcore sound like thrash metal.

cobl04 said:
Bringing shame to tha i-m-p with his #3 album, I'd guess...

Didn't initially notice, but yeah. Horrid stuff. But then again I was a total dickhead at 18 too.

The only thing I know of Feist is when she was on Sesame Street adn the Count was making eyes at her. :shrug:

It's not that I dislike either Feist or Cat Power, I quite liked both. I just never want to listen to either of them any more. Hopefully new albums will fix that.

I'm sure Feist isn't as bad as my initial reaction makes me think she is, but 1234 made me want to kill, and Mushaboom doesn't make me wet myself in awe or anything. Blender placing The Reminder in their best indie rock albums ever list made me laugh pretty hard. I have no desire to listen to anything by her; maybe once I run out of more interesting female musicians to listen to.

Pretty much. And I'd rather hear new Cat Power originals than more covers, but half of Jukebox was very, very good.

THE POW!

You should definitely give her a genuine chance. I suppose that the voice will be the determining factor in how you feel about her - I personally love it and feel that it is one of the most expressive female voices out there - but I am quite comfortable in saying that Let It Die is one of my favorite albums of the last decade.

Hey, music people. Are there any iPod car adapter thingies that let you plug the iPod into the cigarette lighter and play it through the radio, without there being a radio transmitter involved?

I was poking around online and it seems the only ones I can find are the ones that involve the radio transmission (I had one of those once, and it was very hit or miss, and so frustrating it made you want to hurl it down the highway), or one that comes with a shiny cassette tape to insert into your fancy tape player.

Someone asked me "why don't you get one of those adapters you plug into the cigarette lighter" for the rental car for Monctoning, but all I can find are the aforementioned wonders.

Am I looking for something that doesn't exist?

If so, do most cars these days (or even a few years old) come with an auxiliary plug for your auxiliary things? Maybe I should just buy one of those to play it in the car.

Hey, music people. Are there any iPod car adapter thingies that let you plug the iPod into the cigarette lighter and play it through the radio, without there being a radio transmitter involved?

I was poking around online and it seems the only ones I can find are the ones that involve the radio transmission (I had one of those once, and it was very hit or miss, and so frustrating it made you want to hurl it down the highway), or one that comes with a shiny cassette tape to insert into your fancy tape player.

Someone asked me "why don't you get one of those adapters you plug into the cigarette lighter" for the rental car for Monctoning, but all I can find are the aforementioned wonders.

If so, do most cars these days (or even a few years old) come with an auxiliary plug for your auxiliary things? Maybe I should just buy one of those to play it in the car.
If it's a newer car, 2009 or later, it'll probably have an aux hole. The cords for those are about $10 or so.

I dont think what youre describing exists :( the tape adapters are awesome though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom