Random Music Talk XXXVII: Powerhour cares more about Spotify than you do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take Walls & Bridges over anything McCartney's done. The album isn't perfect and has a couple bum tracks, but you know, you could also write off a lot of Dylan albums that way (Planet Waves, Desire, Infidels, Shot of Love, Street Legal) and you'd be making a big mistake there too.

And while it's a little too post-mid-life crisis in its positivity, Double Fantasy is a beautiful album.

FWIW, Jet and Let Me Roll It are two of my favorite Paul recordings ever (including The Beatles), though I've always thought the title track was overblown, schizophrenic crap.

There's a weak track on Desire? I won't accept this.

I think I'll listen to a Julian Lennon album later so I can have an opinion on this spat you and Shouter are having. His opinions sound ridiculous, but what the hell.

Jive Turkey said:
A friend recently told me that everyone's 80s mixes are bullshit and they have all the same garbage you'd hear at retro nights. I shall prove him wrong and create an 80s mix that will make him tight in the pants. Valotte, and APP - Eye in the Sky are my first two entries. Suggestions are welcome

Any time I make an 80s mix, it does tend to be mostly New Wave, but I try to aim for as obscure as possible, and it tends to get mixed in with a lot of different genres of music. Since I'm not actually familiar with the songs you've mentioned, I don't know what sound you're going for (and I'm on my phone so can't find out atm) but Id definitely love to make some suggestions. No one cares about the 80s as much as I do.

joyfulgirl said:
I went for a cover of Leaving on a Jet Plane, though. :reject:

You just broke my heart.

No one cares about the 80s as much as I do.

tee_ball.jpg

I'm losing my edge to the art-school Brooklynites in little jackets and borrowed nostalgia for the unremembered eighties.

Bono and Edge are on Letterman tonight.

I'll watch for obvious reasons.

According to atU2, The Edge had his acoustic guitar and they performed "Stuck In A Moment" :sad: :wink: - they are the only guests.

I might not look forward to that part, but I'll be watching.

Psst, re Letterman

Stuck was a little impromptu thing, apparently. They were talking about songwriting, and Edge was all "oh hey, I just happen to have a guitar behind the couch thing, let's play it!" And then the Spidey cast does the Freak Like Me song later in the show.

Thanks for keeping me in the know, @U2!

I'm pretty excited they're the only guests. That should be some good watchin' right there.

That was a quality effort on the last thread, team. I checked back to see if we'd made 1010 before the lock, and.....

I don't know that I'd call the rainbow asplosion at the end of the last thread an achievement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom