Random Music Talk XXXVII: Powerhour cares more about Spotify than you do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you only knew 1/10th of the shit that goes on in my head during meetings, while talking to coworkers, while meeting new clients, etc...you'd know why I can't bring myself to find your concert song writing experience weird.

Well the thing was I was totally loving the show, but I got reminded that I really wanted to do a song on a specific topic and then I just kind of ran with it, and mostly figured out the lyrics right there. Usually I think that multitasking and the internet has fried my brain and I only work well when I'm secluded... but that kind of efficiency, songwriting while enjoying a concert, man I feel down right bionic, and awesome.

Also, no concern of ripping off the band, not my genre.

It was a secret show NeedtoBreathe put on BTW.

Anyone watching this? What the fuck is going on?

What do you mean? The performance of "Stuck" or the Spiderman song?

I thought the interview was pretty good. Bono had his usual handful of witty, self-deprecating comments.

I also liked the performance of "Stuck." Bono was definitely into it. But you can tell he's really not entirely comfortable performing a song while sitting down. Dude needs to be standing.

As for "Freak Like Me," yeah, that shit was kind of a mess. Not too sure about Taymor's costume design here. Regarding the Green Goblin, yeah, he's the villain, but something about that costume just looks fucking stupid.

And the Sinister Six? That ain't the Sinister Six. Not even close.

I don't hate the song itself, though. It's actually kinda catchy, and I like the line about the "65 million dollar circus tragedy."

No, they didn't keep it secret, like most bands putting on 'secret' shows. Truly secret shows would just be rehearsals.

tumblr_lkwdrcMl5H1qdsvawo1_500.jpg

"All our shows are secret shows!"

Just to keep everyone up to date, and make sure you all know the title is true: I'm using Spotify right now. :dance:

OK, I'd talked myself out of going to the Jersey show, but there's a ticket drop right now and it's tempting me back... give me some help here guys.

I missed it. Oh, well. I'll YouTube it when I feel like watching it.

Speaking of uncomfortable things, I wish Radiohead's crisis would end so the WATCH RADIOHEAD DO THE KING OF LIMBS ON TV headline would leave the Most Read sidebar on Pitchfork. They changed the title for the actual headline, so I assume they caught on to how awkward it sounded. I don't want to watch Thom do anything but dance badly and sing in the fetal position like always.

You spend way too much time on Pitchfork if you a.) know what a "Most Read sidebar" is and b.) are actually concerned about what's on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom