Random Music Talk XXXVI: Not this time, Cobbler.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a worthier opponent than I realized, my friend.

prof-x-magneto-chess-x-men.jpg

Plus, jt already made a thread called "friggin cobbler is too friggin slow", so now you're just rehashing old material for nostalgia when you could be trying new stuff.

Plus, jt already made a thread called "friggin cobbler is too friggin slow", so now you're just rehashing old material for nostalgia when you could be trying new stuff.

THERE JUST WASN'T ENOUGH TIME!! I COULD FEEL YOU BREATHING DOWN MY ROUTER!!

I hope everyone appreciates that I took one for the team.

I still think that friggin' Dirty Bit song is the worst thing to try and pass as a catchy single since ............ I don't know, My Humps maybe?

I still think that friggin' Dirty Bit song is the worst thing to try and pass as a catchy single since ............ I don't know, My Humps maybe?

I think Dirty Bit is lazier, albeit not necessarily worse. And the lack of airplay it got was refreshing. My Humps, on the other hand, caused greater damage to pop culture and is, therefore, a larger urine stain. If you will.

Fucking thrilled they're taking a break. Hopefully for a long enough duration that the next U2 tour won't feature them. Or any U2 tour.

^ :)

seriously I'm having a great week. Crushing good tunes. Turn 21 on Monday and get my braces off a week from now. BEP are on indefinite hiatus. Got a new job.

Everything's coming up Milhouse!!!

Because I'm assuming no one actually read about the damn thing, I must say that the Weezer cruise thing sounds great. It's essentially a mini-concert festival on a ship to Mexico. Sit on a ship and see a huge number of awesome bands play? Guess it's not cool to like music.

Because I'm assuming no one actually read about the damn thing, I must say that the Weezer cruise thing sounds great. Sit on a ship and see a huge number of awesome bands play? Guess it's not cool to like music.

I think you should go. I'll send you a copy of David Foster Wallace's cruise ship essay "A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again" that you can read while hiding from cruise ship freaks sunbathing on the deck.

Because it was a tour to support a new album AND I don't want U2 to become a nostagia act (only playing music from 20 fucking years ago is a hallmark of a nostalgia act) AND I liked most of the NLOTH songs they played.

So there.
yeah, this.

don't get me wrong, at least if they're going to pick some old album to whore the hell out of i'm glad it's achtung baby, but i'd rather hear nloth in concert than the fly. yeah the latter is awesome, but still. i'm not complaining about the concert i saw in nashville, i just really wish they'd stuck to their guns a little more and not dropped so many nloth songs - or at least not dropped all the good ones. if i were to pick two nloth songs to hear live, crazy tonight and magnificent would definitely not be my picks.

I heard Dirty Bit a lot more than I ever remember hearing My Humps. Dirty Bit was everywhere back in the winter.

I'm basing this on the fact that it only made it to number 4 (about 80,000 spots too high), but no, I didn't hear it nearly as much as I Gotta Feeling or even Boom Boom Pow (which I hate all of, especially the part where they say Boom Boom Pow).

Dirty Bit was behind those two, certainly. I Have To Feeling hasn't really left the regular college party rotation, though it's more commonly in remixes now. Still, that's quite long for a song, especially one as awful as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom