Random Music Talk XXXII: Celebrating Your Favorite Swooncore Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As has been speculated many times, I really do believe that they're at the point where they need their precious fourth quarter Christmas sales spot. The relative lack of success of the Spring-released NLOTH has scared them away from a release that isn't in October or November, basically.

CRUSHING TUNES.

November, 2012.

Oh, I understand the reason. I just continue to despise it.

I'll confess, I sort of feel the same way as you do about lyrics when it comes to band names. 95% of them are terrible, and with good names being taken once in a great while, I can only see them becoming rarer.

That said, Deathspell Omega and The Jack Nicholson Party always make me laugh, and we all need a laugh sometimes. Quality topic of discussion IMO.

I think that's part of the fun of band names. They're all stupid and lame. Sure, I have favorites, but I can't really say that I honestly think they're better than anything else, I just like them for random reasons.

Since IWB hasn't been posting as much recently, I will mention the band she used to always bring up when band name threads came up.....

SWEATPANTS BONER

As has been speculated many times, I really do believe that they're at the point where they need their precious fourth quarter Christmas sales spot. The relative lack of success of the Spring-released NLOTH has scared them away from a release that isn't in October or November, basically.

CRUSHING TUNES.

November, 2012.

I think this is probably correct:
Christmas 2011: AB Remaster
Christmas 2012: New Album

I just worry that if they still have mediocre sales with a "holiday release" album, they'll turn into even bigger excuse making pansies.

Crushing Tunes better have Hulk-Bono on the cover.

hulk.gif

The band hasn't tried releasing anything in the summer. I still can't believe they would sit on finished work for 9 months-1 year, assuming it's completed within a couple months of the tour ending.

Of course, they could just continue working on through spring until they suck all the life out of it.

If this band had any real balls, they would release a series of shorter albums throughout the year and make a big PR splash about the idea:

Early spring 2012: DM sessions (comeback with what they think is their strongest stuff)

Mid-summer 2012: RedOne sessions (dance/pop material would be good for this time of year)

Late Nov 2012: Serves of Ascent (introspective, spiritual work good for the colder season)

This makes me laugh a lot but only because I have a former colleague who was in his late 50's who tried to fuck every widower in Chicago, and we affixed a motto to him that involved the term "Crushing ass". So there you have it.

Boner tells audience he was in talks with Metallica and Green Day regarding a new music festival? Ugh.

Also, apparently Lou Reed was in the crowd so Harry Muffin sang some of Perfect Day?!

Re the first: Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was intended to be tongue-in-cheek. I'm not going to duck and cover in horror on that one.

Re the second: He did! I was listening to the feed for a while, and that made me actually turn the volume up. "Is that LARRY?" Lo and behold, it was.

Also, so much for the "Spider-Man isn't the reason the album didn't come out" theory, which I've laughed away numerous times.

Yeah. Hear ye, hear ye. I am admitting I was wrong on that one. Oh well.

The band hasn't tried releasing anything in the summer. I still can't believe they would sit on finished work for 9 months-1 year, assuming it's completed within a couple months of the tour ending.

Of course, they could just continue working on through spring until they suck all the life out of it.

If this band had any real balls, they would release a series of shorter albums throughout the year and make a big PR splash about the idea:

Early spring 2012: DM sessions (comeback with what they think is their strongest stuff)

Mid-summer 2012: RedOne sessions (dance/pop material would be good for this time of year)

Late Nov 2012: Serves of Ascent (introspective, spiritual work good for the colder season)

That would be pretty damn cool.

I get that the sands ran out of the hourglass and they had too many directions to choose from, but they could have at least given the fans a new single for this summer's tour leg. Boy Falls From the Sky would have been perfect.

Gives purpose to Adam's incredulous glare.

So, Ashley and I recently picked up a PS2 slim with 10 (shit) games and two controllers for $15. Really piling up on games right now, and my favorite is Vice City. Have I played it since we purchased it? No. But listening to that soundtrack while someone else does is heaven. They even fit Talk Talk in there.

It is a fun game with a great soundtrack, yes. I must have killed several thousand innocent pedestrians while playing that game. Wholesome family fun!

It is a fun game with a great soundtrack, yes. I must have killed several thousand innocent pedestrians while playing that game. Wholesome family fun!

I punched a cop in the back of the head and then jumped into a taxi. My character cackled. It was a splendid time.

When this game came out, I was only allowed to free-play, and I wasn't allowed to do any drive-bys or solicit prostitutes. It's so wonderful being able to finally play for real. This is seriously the first Rockstar game I've ever really played, story and all.

bono_212 said:
When this game came out, I was only allowed to free-play, and I wasn't allowed to do any drive-bys or solicit prostitutes. It's so wonderful being able to finally play for real. This is seriously the first Rockstar game I've ever really played, story and all.

I was never allowed to play this shit, partially because Nintendo doesn't allow their children to play it.

Back
Top Bottom