Random Music Talk XXXI: Rapture? I Hardly Met Her

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind the acoustic version of Stay, although I would probably like the full band version better. Two songs off Zooropa at one U2 concert though? No one can complain about that. If only we were getting a few from Pop as well.

I like acoustic Stay as well. But admit it - you're going to think of laz and imagine cartoon steam shooting out of his ears at his rage over the song.

I actually played Euchre in line with someone who looked a lot like you. I was going to ask if it was you, but I then thought how ridiculous I would sound if it were not.

Euchre is a fucking awesome game. My friends and I play all the time.

I was also at the September 13, 2009 show in Chicago. Baller show. Your Blue Room. I think it was also the first time in like 10 years that they didn't play Pride. And I remember thinking that the performance of The Unforgettable Fire was amazing. Never listened to a bootleg of the show or anything, though.

It's insane how many "regulars" in this section of the forum were at those shows. Pretty cool. Also pretty cool that there are others to be excited with here about SLC shows now. I held a party of one in the past. :wink:

It's not Play acoustic that's the problem, it's Play without Muffin & Claycourt.

Also, the Sydney version from CockTV is acoustic? I thought Hedge was playing electric on that one. Because that version is not only fine with me, it's phenomenal.

iron yuppie said:
I actually played Euchre in line with someone who looked a lot like you. I was going to ask if it was you, but I then thought how ridiculous I would sound if it were not.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Euchre is a fucking awesome game. My friends and I play all the time.

I was also at the September 13, 2009 show in Chicago. Baller show. Your Blue Room. I think it was also the first time in like 10 years that they didn't play Pride. And I remember thinking that the performance of The Unforgettable Fire was amazing. Never listened to a bootleg of the show or anything, though.

Please tell me you two are going to be at the Chicago show so we can get on a most righteously awesome game of euchre.

It's insane how many "regulars" in this section of the forum were at those shows. Pretty cool. Also pretty cool that there are others to be excited with here about SLC shows now. I held a party of one in the past. :wink:

Glad I could join you in the SLC excitement :hi5:

I'm about ready to head off to the stadium. I'll be that tall eff'r in GA that no one can see over. Sucks for all of YOU :wink:

It's not Play acoustic that's the problem, it's Play without Muffin & Claycourt.

Also, the Sydney version from CockTV is acoustic? I thought Hedge was playing electric on that one. Because that version is not only fine with me, it's phenomenal.
Edge plays an acoustic while Bono plays an electric. I think that's the only time that's ever happened.

Laz, you can plug your ears so that we don't have to read your boring, negative response, but I know that there are a bunch of people around here who actually enjoy the band's music...

I have a strong feeling that Coldplay is going to be announcing their new album very soon. They've got a bunch of festival dates lined up for late in the summer, and I'd be surprised if they were to just go out there without any new material and play the same set from the VLV tour. Plus, on their The Twitter account, they mentioned they were at their first band photoshoot in a long time, and today they randomly tweeted some lyrics that look suspiciously cliche enough to be new Chris Martin lyrics.

I was also at the September 13, 2009 show in Chicago. Baller show.

The funny thing is that my strongest memory from that show is many of the fans being angry while exiting that the Bears had lost the season opener (and Urlacher).

Please tell me you two are going to be at the Chicago show so we can get on a most righteously awesome game of euchre.

I'm trying to make it. I had Miami tickets that I had to sell in light of my impending move. I'm just trying to decide whether I want to spend that money on a U2 concert or furniture.

The funny thing is that my strongest memory from that show is many of the fans being angry while exiting that the Bears had lost the season opener (and Urlacher).

Haaa, I remember people talking about that on the way out, too!

It wasn't my strongest memory, though.

I think my favorite memory of the show were the frat-type boys (sorry to generalize, that's just how they looked) who were in front of us, and mostly seemed more interested in talking and making beer runs .... except for one of them, who legitimately seemed to be enjoying the show, into every song, punching the air and shouting 'yeah!' occasionally.

I started jumping around like crazy when Streets started, he turned around, saw me, promptly set down his beer by our stuff and started jumping around with me. :lol: That was awesome.

Bono says U2 has three projects: Songs of Ascent, the club album with RedOne, and the "normal" album with Danger Mouse. He also completely contradicts himself and says that DM is a mix of Eno and Lanois, but that he's taking them away from everything they know. He also said "next fall" for the album, 2011 or 2012 unspecified.

In summary, Bono is Bono.

That said, it hasn't sunk in until just now that I will likely see and hear Zooropa live.

I'm telling you, this was one of three pants-wetting moments in Denver for me. THREE. I had accidentally seen the Zooropa spoiler but that was it, and I still didn't know if I'd hear it or not.

I absolutely love Stay, and have loved the acoustic version since the first time I watched the Zooropa in Sydney VHS. I'm apparently one of the few here who likes most all of U2's acoustic live versions of songs.

Me, too. And I heard my two favorite acoustic songs in Denver.

I feel confident that Zooropa will be in for the rest of the shows, and that the opener is the same.

I just feel it, guys.

Isn't there a separate thread for those tools?

2fd47c2d.gif

Haaa, I remember people talking about that on the way out, too!

It wasn't my strongest memory, though.

I think my favorite memory of the show were the frat-type boys (sorry to generalize, that's just how they looked) who were in front of us, and mostly seemed more interested in talking and making beer runs .... except for one of them, who legitimately seemed to be enjoying the show, into every song, punching the air and shouting 'yeah!' occasionally.

I started jumping around like crazy when Streets started, he turned around, saw me, promptly set down his beer by our stuff and started jumping around with me. :lol: That was awesome.

I thought your strongest memory would have been the random guy who kissed you. Random Guy kissed you, right? Am I making that up?? Or was that Vegas? Or Vegas AND Chicago?

I think frat-type boy kissed me on the cheek after Streets ended, or on the way out of the show, and then there was that other guy who was with his girlfriend and he told me something like "I enjoyed watching you" or something else. Which, okay yeah, I was having fun and dancing/flailing around and was probably reasonably entertaining, but he was kind of creepily intense about it.

I don't think he kissed me. Or maybe I blocked it out.

And I still laugh when I think of the picture Zoney took of us from his seat way up in the stadium.

That whole night was fun. Even if we never got to eat pancakes after the show. :)

I just remember looking for Joyful for what seemed like an hour on those steps after the show. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom