Random Music Talk XXXI: Rapture? I Hardly Met Her

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have some of that extra-thick moleskin you gave me when I had such bad blisters after the first day! That stuff is the bomb.

Hopefully this works:

305815338.jpg

Be there soon. And yes, it's June next week, but it looks like it's March here.

Gonna have to second the 360 Chicago love from a few pages back. The show on the 13th was my first time seeing U2 live. Your Blue Room...:drool::drool::drool:
Hopefully, they'll make some equally epic setlist changes for this year's Chicago show.

Hopefully this works:

305815338.jpg

Be there soon.

I just hope you don't have a Denver Mattress Company sign hanging in the stadium positioned so that it's impossible to see the screen without also seeing that damn sign. All my pictures have Denver Mattress Company in them. I now wouldn't buy a mattress from them if it was the last place in the country to buy one. I hate you, Denver Mattress Company.

Awesome shot, mofo. Have fun tonight

Hey Martha, kinda random, but I think I remember you saying that you were lactose intolerant. Then I said that soy milk is wicked awesome, but you said you couldn't drink that either.... Almond milk is the shit. Try that. Get on the almond milk train

Figures that Cori conveniently left out the steamy part of her Chicago story.

Peef, I don't see how Boner could possibly have meant Fall 2011. They don't even have a plan yet, and you can bet that whatever direction they choose, it's going to require a healthy amount of recording and tinkering (read: self-sabotaging). And I've said it before: there's no way they're going to flood the market with a new album while an Achtung Birdie remaster is getting a full push. Would you want to invite comparisons with your best work?

That Spring 2012 isn't an option just screams to me that this is about marketing and sales and it makes me a little sick.

lazarus said:
GAF, isn't there a separate thread for those tools?

Coldplay are tools? We've talked about Jay Reatard and Vampire Weekend in this thread, and they give Black & Decker a run for their money.

Figures that Cori conveniently left out the steamy part of her Chicago story.

I blocked it out, probably because I was wondering if he was trying to recruit me for a three-way with him and his girlfriend.

Either that or he was just an utter dick who would schmooze a female total stranger right in front of his girlfriend.

Or he meant well and just has an unfortunate social awkwardness that makes him look like a total skeeze whenever he says anything.

"Yes." *intense stare* "I would like fries with that."

Riiiiiight.

More consistent? Arguable. But Cockplay couldn't put out something as good as the title track, Moment of Service, and Courts of Lebanon in a million years.

The latter is my favorite Shuttlecock tune since 1997, but give me "Strawberry Swing" over any of them. I'd also say "Cemeteries of London," "Lovers in Japan," and "Chinese Sleep Chant" top the highs of No Net. "42" would too if not for its first section. And that's not even including "Prospekt's March / Poppyfields" from the EP.

BoMac said:

Pretty much. They're both solid improvements, so who cares which is better? I will say that VLV has the benefit of being the successor to a worse album than Bomb.

There's a Denny's that's kind of near, a few blocks from where I work, but a good hike from the stadium. Not sure what else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom