Random Music Talk XXX: Bow Chicka Wow Wow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:
I'm ahead of you here, though, cos I've long thought that people everywhere are idiots.

Hoarding all of that knowledge for yourself? I see how it is.

Laz is the only one who makes me suspect I'm better off without the facial hair I can't have.

I didn't see setlists, but I'd heard a lot about Van Morrison's shows, so I went to see him last summer with rather low expectations. I figured I'd be lucky if he played two songs I knew.

But damn, he blew my expectations away, and he played a lot of stuff I knew. So that was nifty.

He did, however, live up to my expectations by not saying one word to the audience. :lol:

There was no way for me to know what on earth Lou Reed was going to play at Lolla (because he was playing shows so sporadically, and at them playing a lot of different random shit, and not always hits), so I was pleasantly surprised that he played ANYTHING I knew, let alone the fact that he actually played "Walk on the Wild Side"!

Did we enter a time warp? I'm all weirded out and junk.

timewarp.jpg

This crummy weather makes me forget it's mid-May, which makes the fact that it's still light in the sky to the west at 9:30 really surprising.

The cold weather makes me forget we're nearing the solstice!

I blocked most of my U2 friends from my Facebook feed temporarily, but holy shit, is my Facebook feed boring now.

Yeah, I blocked all of you bastards on Facebook for a good 2 months before the shows. You know what I learned? Facebook adds very little to my life, really. I like having it and all, but life goes on without it, or this site, etc.

Don't block me. I don't post setlist shit, just boring shit.

I don't check set lists for anyone before I see a show. It's just not an instinct of mine. Probably due to my age or something.

I don't either. To be honest, I only know the song names of a few bands. I listen to music on the car and the song names just don't show up. I know I like track 3 from the new Radiohead for instance, but I still don't know the name of it.

This crummy weather makes me forget it's mid-May, which makes the fact that it's still light in the sky to the west at 9:30 really surprising.

The cold weather makes me forget we're nearing the solstice!

It's hot as hell here and storming like a mofo. I hate it.

Don't block me. I don't post setlist shit, just boring shit.

I don't either. To be honest, I only know the song names of a few bands. I listen to music on the car and the song names just don't show up. I know I like track 3 from the new Radiohead for instance, but I still don't know the name of it.

I like your posts, and your photos!

I'm pretty awesome with remembering song lyrics and pretty horrid with song names.

shoo-da-bop-bop!
shoo-da-bop-bop!
shoo-da-bop-bop!
shoo-da-bop-bop!
shoo-da-bop-bop!
shoo-da-bop-bop!
shoo-da-bop-bop YEAH!!!!!

One of the many songs that fucking DJ was supposed to play at our wedding and didn't. How many times have I mentioned I'm so glad we only paid that guy $100?

Hiding people on Facebook just means your posts don't show up in my news feed. I can still go to your page and stalk you see what you're up to, and you can see my stuff and comment on it.

I haven't ever blocked anyone. If I wanted to block anyone, I'd just de-friend (un-friend?) them.

In case martha thought I had bitch-slapped her on Facebook.

There are these things called "pieces of paper" and other things called "pencils" and you can use the latter to write a list on the former. Works great for me.

Underestimate Mofo's charm at your peril, my dear.
I know, I know. Honestly, I've got about a hundred albums I haven't really listened to anyway. So I think my brain is trying to prevent further backlog.

:hmm: I have seen photos on Facebook.

Friggin Interf app:

BOW CHICKA WOW WOW
:Martha blushing:

Random really did look like a giant circle jerk for a second.

I've met him. I'd give him a "meh" on a scale of scary creep to Knight in shining armor.

Yeah, that's about the vibe I get from facebook. Unfortunately, that's also about where I rate the bf. That sounds worse than I mean it to, but I don't want the knight in shining armor.

Reggo said:
Yeah, that's about the vibe I get from facebook. Unfortunately, that's also about where I rate the bf. That sounds worse than I mean it to, but I don't want the knight in shining armor.

How about a nerd in shining animal skin and musket?

bono_212 said:

I could never handle the recoil.

Scumbo might be the only eligible bachelor left in Utah, so he's a pretty hot commodity there. Even if he does spend his income on multiple copies of limited edition hipster records that are too new to properly value.

I'll start the bidding at...

Trevor is actually a great guy.

I know, I know. Dave is, too, for all I complain about him. The way I see it is this: the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference, so when he makes me mad, it just proves that I still care about him and that brings me back to being in love with Dave all over again. Plus we're both totally weird and awkward about our relationship cause neither of us have dated someone for as long as we've been together, so there's a little bit of that "I'm going to get on your nerves because I am too shy to say I like you" thing from elementary school going on as well.

I don't think Seattle's a hardcore line-up city. I bet there might be a few people that do the "night before" thing, but I bet the line doesn't grow much until 7 or 8 the next morning, if that.

For the Vertigo shows in an arena, I did a last-minute decision to join the line, got there at 1:30 in the afternoon and was like 150 in line. Had a perfectly fine spot, two heads back from the outer rail. (But no one around me was interested in making friends or more than polite small talk with a fellow fan, so it was pretty boring.)

First night (Sunday) or second night (Monday)? For the first night I got there at 11 a.m. and was number 275 or something. Second night I had seats so I skipped the shitty Kings of Leon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom