Random Music Talk XXX: Bow Chicka Wow Wow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going anywhere near that thread. I'd like some potential for a small surprise or two. I guess the real big surprise would be if Scumbo and I don't shoot each other.

Ok, full tour forum on ignore. Now to hope that no one starts a thread in EYKIW titled "OH MY GOD THEY PLAYED ACROBAT".

Of course, this could easily be avoided if I avoid the forum as a whole, but I just don't feel like it.

I would actually like to know if they played Acrobat so I could prepare myself and didn't have a heart attack if they played it in Seattle.

There aint gonna be no Acrobat.

Ignoring the site is easy (and so very worth it if you really want to stay surprise free), staying away for good is hard. :)

I was doing really well for a while at the start of the year making a concerted effort to only come here once or twice a day. That lasted about a month or two before I fell back into old habits.

May be a good time to try that self-discipline again for a little while.

I blocked most of my U2 friends from my Facebook feed temporarily, but holy shit, is my Facebook feed boring now.

Honestly I just don't give a shit about how much I do or don't post here, so I don't feel any real need to stay away from here. I married someone from this fucking site, I kind of like you guys.

Yeah, I blocked all of you bastards on Facebook for a good 2 months before the shows. You know what I learned? Facebook adds very little to my life, really. I like having it and all, but life goes on without it, or this site, etc.

U2 won't play Acrobat. Actually, they won't play anything of note in the US because it contains larger markets than anywhere else, and can be assumed to contain a higher volume of casual fans than anywhere else. My only hope is that U2 will throw Chicago a bone because it's fucking Chicago.

Besides, we'll be just as disappointed when we see that, say, One Tree Hill was played every other show, skipping ours, once we go back and view the sets. Ignoring a forum is silly IMO.

Honestly I just don't give a shit about how much I do or don't post here, so I don't feel any real need to stay away from here. I married someone from this fucking site, I kind of like you guys.

I like you guys too, but, honestly, I wanted my concert experience to be as pure and special as possible. That trumped my posting, and, was very well worth it. Sucks that this is even an issue, but that's the good and bad with the internetz. Ignorance is sometimes bliss.

Sometimes I'm a little embarrassed by how much time I spend on this site (whether I'm posting or just browsing), but it doesn't bother me enough to make me feel like I need a break. I need breaks when I start taking stupid shit way too personally and getting into really stupid arguments with people and end up churning it in my head over and over.

Then I think "god, that's both irritating and pathetic, and I would like to stop that. Time for a wee break."

Or sometimes I just get over it in a couple hours and I go back to being my jolly obnoxious self. I wouldn't stay around if I didn't enjoy chatting and being silly with so many people here. :)

I like you guys too, but, honestly, I wanted my concert experience to be as pure and special as possible. That trumped my posting, and, was very well worth it. Sucks that this is even an issue, but that's the good and bad with the internetz. Ignorance is sometimes bliss.

We've talked about this before. Had I to do it over again, I would have avoided the set list spoilers as much as humanly (for me) possible, but I didn't think I was going to a show, because financial difficulties made Chicago an impossibility for me, and I had plans during the Arlington gig. Then I ended up going to the Arlington gig, and I can tell you, that I would have been blown the fuck away had I been able to hear TUF without any warning. As it was, I had it so built up in my head that they were going to play it, that I couldn't focus on anything else but how irritating Bono was during the guitar solo. That's not exactly true, in the moment, it was one of those life-making events. But my memories are now skewed by that, and it's really stupid and pisses me off, but...such is life.

I've learned to watch for my signs that it's time for a break. Those signs involve taking stupid shit way too personally and getting into really stupid arguments with people and end up churning it in my head over and over.

Then I think "god, that's both irritating and sad, and I would like to stop that. Time for a wee break."

Or sometimes I can shake it off and I go back to being my jolly obnoxious self.

I've gotten better at avoiding stupid spats. I am still an asshole from time to time, or maybe all the time, who knows....but I definitely try to avoid the ridiculous arguments that seem to sometimes define this site.

We've talked about this before. Had I to do it over again, I would have avoided the set list spoilers as much as humanly (for me) possible, but I didn't think I was going to a show, because financial difficulties made Chicago an impossibility for me, and I had plans during the Arlington gig. Then I ended up going to the Arlington gig, and I can tell you, that I would have been blown the fuck away had I been able to hear TUF without any warning. As it was, I had it so built up in my head that they were going to play it, that I couldn't focus on anything else but how irritating Bono was during the guitar solo. That's not exactly true, in the moment, it was one of those life-making events. But my memories are now skewed by that, and it's really stupid and pisses me off, but...such is life.

I like orange soda.

I have never avoided spoilers before a gig. I knew exactly what to expect with The National, and they still surprised me: I got the first show of the High Violet Tour that had Available and got one of the first with Geese. What a setlist that was.

Almost all shows I go to, I check setlist.fm before hand. I'm not usually like that about most thing (I am one of those people who likes to avoid the album until it actually comes out, don't like to listen to demo versions, etc.), but for shows, ESPECIALLY festival sets, I like to go in disappointed.

Of course that can lead to disappointments of there own...BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE :fist:

I'm only even giving it a shot because it's only like 20-odd days and 7 shows before Seattle. That seems do-able. If it were longer, I'd probably say "screw it."

I caved pretty early at the start of the tour, but managed to get to Chicago without having heard any audio or seen video, and that felt like an accomplishment!

After Seattle, I don't care. My main goal at the Minneapolis show is to just see how my folks and sister react to the show, to share it with them. And, of course, to entertain them by losing my shit with excitement because I'm at a U2 show.

They've never seen me truly flail with glee before, and I'm sure they'll be amused by my reaction to every other song.

No spoken words said:
I've gotten better at avoiding stupid spats. I am still an asshole from time to time, or maybe all the time, who knows....but I definitely try to avoid the ridiculous arguments that seem to sometimes define this site.

I've come to the depressing conclusion that a lot of people here are just idiots. That makes the stupid spats not so much stupid as a consequence of life that I can easily have a good laugh about.

One of the challenging things about having faith in God is the knowledge that Moggio has a purpose that affects me in some abstract way. I prefer to think of him as cosmic chaos or the failing of some distant psychiatric ward.

I've come to the depressing conclusion that a lot of people here are just idiots. That makes the stupid spats not so much stupid as a consequence of life that I can easily have a good laugh about.

One of the challenging things about having faith in God is the knowledge that Moggio has a purpose that affects me in some abstract way. I prefer to think of him as cosmic chaos.

I'm ahead of you here, though, cos I've long thought that people everywhere are idiots.

I'm kind of bummed that not a lot of people I'm familiar with are going to the Chicago gig. I didn't know many any Interf people the first time I saw the 2, the second time, I knew a handful, one of which is someone who only posted on here for info on the show, another was AtomicBono, but I didn't know her at the time.

For Arlington, there were people there, but not a lot I knew. And now, for Chicago, it seems like everyone I know on here who's going had to cancel once the dates got changed :(.

I didn't see setlists, but I'd heard a lot about Van Morrison's shows, so I went to see him last summer with rather low expectations. I figured I'd be lucky if he played two songs I knew.

But damn, he blew my expectations away, and he played a lot of stuff I knew. So that was nifty.

He did, however, live up to my expectations by not saying one word to the audience. :lol:

I didn't see setlists, but I'd heard a lot about Van Morrison's shows, so I went to see him last summer with rather low expectations. I figured I'd be lucky if he played two songs I knew.

But damn, he blew my expectations away, and he played a lot of stuff I knew. So that was nifty.

He did, however, live up to my expectations by not saying one word to the audience. :lol:

There was no way for me to know what on earth Lou Reed was going to play at Lolla, so I was pleasantly surprised that he played ANYTHING I knew, let alone the fact that he actually played "Walk on the Wild Side"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom