Random Music Talk XXVIII: I CAN HAZ COCKROPA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could say the same. I have a job, a cat, and a U2 gig in my future and not much else, tbh. But I'm OK.

Well, at least you have those things in your life. A lot of people would love to say they have a job these days.

And you have internet access, apparently, so don't forget that. No internet = no interference. Did you think about THAT?

Well, at least you have those things in your life. A lot of people would love to say they have a job these days.

And you have internet access, apparently, so don't forget that. No internet = no interference. Did you think about THAT?

:lol: True. I only have that cause I work for an ISP.

Long story short, my mom lost her job last June, she's been struggling to find another, we're going to lose our house, and she's been diagnosed with 2 life-threatening diseases, which doctors won't do much for besides the bare minimum because she doesn't have insurance.

Wow, that killed the thread fast. I'll go wash the blood off my hands, :laugh: Sorry guys.

That's awful, Reggo; I'm so sorry.

Sorry to move off from that with something shallow, but ....

I'm now hoping they hold off on playing the song until the third show, because apparently that one is going to be broadcast on Brazilian radio. I'd rather hear that recording of it!

It would be fine if they played it at both shows, however. ;)

Timing is everything.

picard-face-palm.gif

So, I checked out the new Glasvegas last night, it's a lot less fuzzy shoegaze than their debut, and the lyrics aren't as strangely evocative this time around, but the electronic instrumentation adds a vibe that makes them less like an 80s throwback and more their own thing, the one solid improvement is that Allan's figured out how to corral that accented voice of his into melody much moreso this time around. "Shine Like Stars" is a pretty killer track.

Sao Paolo night two setlist watch:

Still opening with EBTTRT.

Tour debut of OUT OF FUCKING CONTROL

I am very happy right now.

Update:

Apparently they skipped In a Little While.

As this is a band that never adds extra songs, just replaces other ones, could this mean ?????? Pity the excellent stream we had is gone. :(

Edit: ZOO-EFFING-ROPA

I can't believe the feed died.

Edit again: And it was apparently the full song.

I think they still did MS, with the segue into the little questions thing, and then into Zooropa.

Twitter crashed. U2 broke it. :lol:

I'm so glad Matt from U2gigs is there. He's always awesome about getting video up ASAP.

egqn8k.jpg

Pretend Kanye is IALW, possibly the 360 tour as a whole up to this point, and the sword is JUSTICE.

Between that first surprise and the second, I might have peed my pants or gone into a catatonic state due to shock

Perhaps both.

I must be the only one here who likes In a Little While. I understand that its inclusion in the setlist is a bit confounding, but the fact that it has become the whipping boy of the tour doesn't really make sense to me.

I'd like to comment on the recent developments, but I'm afraid I can't form a coherent thought.

iron yuppie said:
I must be the only one here who likes In a Little While. I understand that its inclusion in the setlist is a bit confounding, but the fact that it has become the whipping boy of the tour doesn't really make sense to me.

I've always liked it. Enjoyed it all 3 gigs I saw. They could be playing better songs in place of it, but the level of vitriol aimed at it surprises me too.

As for THE surprise, it makes me so depressed about not seeing it in person, awesome as it is they played it.

I like the song but don't like it as a constant.

It seems to me that they, or perhaps one or two of them, just really enjoy playing it. In that clip from "Day in the Life of Edge," Bono looks as though he is having the time of his life when they take that lifeguard's guitar and start playing the song.

It's not a bad song. It's just not deserving of a permanent place in the setlist.

Is that so hard to understand? We're sick of what is essentially just a goofy, charming little ditty and a bit of a trifle.

Also, YIPPEEE!!!!! Now THIS is setlisting!

starwars1_3738.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom