Random Music Talk XXVII: The Return of Knife Crime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilsFan

Blue Crack Addict
bb-knifeScene-DP.jpg

Continue talking music.

Stay out of the shadows.

I'm afraid that I have never understood the knife crime joke.
Oasis Kid (Madforit) got on about knife crime because the Gallagher brothers say it's a problem in England. We also get a kick out of the phrase "knife crime." Shuttlecock wrote a song about it.

Wasn't it more that he was alluding to if you let your kids listen to Nirvana, they'd end up committing knife crime?

Whatever the argument was, I remember thinking it was unintentionally hilarious.

It was a pleasure bringing you all my random music thread. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

New deadmau5 song:

YouTube - Deadmau5 - HR 8938 Cephei (Full - 1080p)

I'll post it in the dance/trance thread, where it belongs, as well, but this is a real step away from the dirty beats of his albums, and is more progressive, I think if some of you play it in the background you might enjoy it.

It was a pleasure bringing you all my random music thread. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

New deadmau5 song:

I'll post it in the dance/trance thread, where it belongs, as well, but this is a real step away from the dirty beats of his albums, and is more progressive, I think if some of you play it in the background you might enjoy it.

if it wasn't +10 minutes long, i would have liked it better. it does go pleasantly along as background music, almost to the extent that the beginning nearly lulled me peacefully to sleep. and it's the kind of thing that makes for very nice winter night-time driving music when it's snowing, you can't top 45 mph on the highway, and there are very few people on the road. not something i really want to hear again (unless i am driving under those conditions), but not bad at all.

Wasn't it more that he was alluding to if you let your kids listen to Nirvana, they'd end up committing knife crime?

Whatever the argument was, I remember thinking it was unintentionally hilarious.
It started with that, you're correct. We started joking that he must have gotten it from Noel, because he gets everything from Noel, and he later actually quoted a post of mine and linked to an article in which Noel started talking about Knife Crime.

He also blamed Thom Yorke (he wrote Knives Out!) and the singer from Bloc Party for knife crime as well.

I might be the only person on this forum who likes madferit.

IWasBored said:
if it wasn't +10 minutes long, i would have liked it better. it does go pleasantly along as background music, almost to the extent that the beginning nearly lulled me peacefully to sleep. and it's the kind of thing that makes for very nice winter night-time driving music when it's snowing, you can't top 45 mph on the highway, and there are very few people on the road. not something i really want to hear again (unless i am driving under those conditions), but not bad at all.

Awesome! I wouldn't have thought you'd like it to any degree.

I love winter nighttime driving music so I agree.

I love Endtroducing because it's so good for driving around at night.

New deadmau5 song:

I haven't listened to much trance in years, but this was great. What album should I get if I were to get one? Tell me now, Cobblerto.

I'm listening to Strobe now.

u2popmofo said:
I haven't listened to much trance in years, but this was great. What album should I get if I were to get one? Tell me now, Cobblerto.

His new album is 4x4=12, it came out last year, and is pretty good, though there is a lot of heavy, dirty beats that Jersey Shore types fistpump to, so that may not be your thing.

Lack of a Better Name, also by deadmau5, is also good, and contains a bit more trance.

I may wait for the new one, as it's the most up my alley based on a few past songs I've heard on Youtube now. We shall see. Strobe's pretty cool though.

YouTube - deadmau5 "Strobe"
this is from Lack of a Better Name. same sort of deal. good shit

see, i like this a hell of a lot in the parts where it doesn't have the steady beat in the background. if i could edit it into just being that, then i'd really dig this. that's pretty much the one thing that annoys me about any kind of techno/trance/whatever you'd call it. i don't know. it all sounds like aphex twin's selected ambient works 85-92 to me, usually. and if it sounds like what i really enjoy about that album, then i tend to like it. if it sounds like what annoys me (which is usually dependent on how steady and in the forefront a beat is), then i tend to hate it. i don't want to say--regarding the parts i like--that it reminds me of mogwai or explosions in the sky. mofo is probably going to balk at that comparison, and "sounds like" isn't exactly what i mean by making said comparison. because no, it doesn't actually sound like it, i just find it the same kind of pleasant as i find either of those other groups. moreso than that whole thing i just said about aphex twin.

yeah, not exactly something anyone here (especially the DI crowd, after the opinions i expressed in that game--i know LM seems to think that my not participating in rankings helped him) is going to assume i'd be into. :lol:

yeah i know where you're coming from. this is the stuff he's more known for:

YouTube - deadmau5 ft Rob Swire - Ghosts 'n' Stuff

YouTube - Deadmau5 - Some Chords (HD)

which i assume is what you are talking about when you say you hate a "steady/forefront beat".

this is the type of music that the majority of my mates are into. and while i enjoy it some extent (that is, when i'm out clubbing, or getting ready to go out clubbing) it's not what i listen to normally. which shits me about my mates. there's so much good music out there, but every time i go to a mate's joint the only music that gets played is the latest podcast from one of the "dirty beats" clubs.

yeah i know where you're coming from. this is the stuff he's more known for:

YouTube - deadmau5 ft Rob Swire - Ghosts 'n' Stuff

YouTube - Deadmau5 - Some Chords (HD)

which i assume is what you are talking about when you say you hate a "steady/forefront beat".

this is the type of music that the majority of my mates are into. and while i enjoy it some extent (that is, when i'm out clubbing, or getting ready to go out clubbing) it's not what i listen to normally. which shits me about my mates. there's so much good music out there, but every time i go to a mate's joint the only music that gets played is the latest podcast from one of the "dirty beats" clubs.

yeah, this is the kind of thing that i do hate. although the beginning of the second one reminds me too much of a less distorted version of an instrumental on a certain nine inch nails album that i am incredibly fond of. so i can't hate that the first 45 or so seconds, i guess.

kinda fucked up, essentially what i hate about "dance" music is the beat to which you would...dance...

Well I think there's two different types of fun, go out and dance and drink music. One is the stuff I like, dance and hiphop, and the other is punk, metal type stuff, which you're into, so it's all good.

That's an oversimplification and a generalisation I know, but it's the reason I go clubbing on Saturday night and not Friday.

You are going to HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE my DI 9 list then, :laugh:

:wave: Hey, Laz. (Not Lax, like I originally typed.)

On-topic: Finally got through Raw Power, (or Raw Cooter, as Laz prefers). I didn't care for it much, but I was sort of distracted while I listened to it. Definitely going to give it another go, though.

lazarus said:
Friggin' Clubber.

I got knocked back from a club once for not bring "indie" enough, despite the fact the music they play is not indie, it's just heavy bass for drugged-up wankers chewing their face off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom