Random Music Talk XXVII: The Return of Knife Crime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, yeah. Was he cute? Did you break him off the math?

I'm not sure what that means, but I'm pretty sure the answer is 'no.'

GAFferiffic post.

Um .... oh. Oh, my goodness.

*backs away slowly*

April will find me in Salinas, and in July (late June as well), I head out to San Antonio and then I'll meet up with Steve for a few days on a friend's cattle ranch on the panhandle, southeast of Amarillo; after that we head to Taos for our anniversary. The way home will be through Mesa Verde, (hopefully) Monument Valley, and Grand Canyon. I've never been to the Canyon in summer.

Sounds great!

straight-edge-lip-tattoo.jpg

Ooooh, sorry about that. Reading that back, I don't think the tongue in cheek aspect came through very well. My bad.

Anyway, what do you guys think about the Dixie Chicks?

Home is one of my favorite albums; it's just fantastic.

I liked Taking the Long Way as well, but it was a little too polished compared to the down-homey acoustic feel of Home.

Their first two albums are fine enough, with a couple of great singles, but they're a little too "mainstream" country for me to really love.

In my humble opinion, the Pumpkins' cover of Landslide is the single best version of the song.

Home is one of my favorite albums; it's just fantastic.

I liked Taking the Long Way as well, but it was a little too polished compared to the down-homey acoustic feel of Home.

Their first two albums are fine enough, with a couple of great singles, but they're a little too "mainstream" country for me to really love.
:tsk: those aren't their first two albums.

...is it wrong that i know that? :reject:

Weren't Fly and Wide Open Spaces their first two with Natalie Maines? I know they put out some stuff with their original singer, but does that count? :wink:

Don't worry, GAF, I now hate just finding out that a show called Gilmore Girls apparently had a character with a name far too close to resembling a Cocteau Twins song title. Stupid WB poser tv show can't come up with an original name.

:wink:

Once again that Seattle radio station gets another major premiere. Can anybody remember the last time radio was the first place they heard something new? (granted, most people will be listening to the stream, but still)

In my humble opinion, the Pumpkins' cover of Landslide is the single best version of the song.

Disagree. Musically, it's almost identical, but listening to Billy Corgan sing (especially on ballads) is about as pleasant as watching him sing. I have no idea how the man became a rock star. Thank God for that kickass guitar tone of his.

Don't worry, GAF, I now hate just finding out that a show called Gilmore Girls apparently had a character with a name far too close to resembling a Cocteau Twins song title. Stupid WB poser tv show can't come up with an original name.

:wink:

I was never embarrassed to have seen 50+ episodes of that show, but it would increase the coolness factor had that been the source of Lorelai's name. Best song on Treasure.

"And now premiering on the WB, another crappy show that no one will see...I need a cigarette." /Simpsons

Once again that Seattle radio station gets another major premiere. Can anybody remember the last time radio was the first place they heard something new? (granted, most people will be listening to the stream, but still)

I really want to know what connections The End has, because most of the time they play a sort of generic alternative top-40 play list (Use Somebody herp derp). Not where I'd guess the Tron Daft Punk soundtrack or Justice would leak.

They have Death Cab For Cutie's single premier today as well (check the thread for link).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom