Random Music Talk XXVII: The Return of Knife Crime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I submit for your consideration the worst album cover ever for a great album:

kw-tee.jpg

lazarus said:
Cori, you said "whatever", "I love these guys despite..." in response to this news, and you also said "I'll enjoy these shows..." which implies that you're fine with whatever they play as long as you get to see them again.

And forgive me but that's just a little too Don't Worry, Be Happy for me. You're clearly level-headed enough to make your own critiques as you often do but I think this is the worst in a long line of boneheaded moves and should be met with contempt, not a shrug and a smile.

Not quoting this cause I've got anything against cori, but I'm tired off the happy oh whatever they do is fine responses as well. This shit fucking blows (giving up on any kind of album right now) and I'm getting so tired of it.

No we didn't have a release date, and no I didn't really expect an album, but to hear Edge just kind of writing everything off just sounds like they'll start all over again, and its just frustrating.

Really glad I only have tix to one show. Id be angrier right now if id bought more.

Also not having internet is not going so well. Monday can come anytime. New apartment is nice, but I have no cell service, so I feel super cut off from everyone, not just interf. Oh this modern world.

Pitchfork Fest looking pretty damned good with additions of THE GEEB! and THE NEEK!.

If I felt like stomaching Chicago in July again I'd consider going.

I can't imagine that I'll be there, but I'll be in the city, yeah. I'm sure that there'll be a few bands I'd like to see, but I'm also sure that I can see all of them for a total of like $50, in the months leading up to and after the festival.

I'm am going to Hold It Against Me You, Ashley!!!!

No, it's cool. I was pissy at laz yesterday because I was bothered that he comes across like he's spewing contempt and insults at not only the band, but at fans who don't feel the same way. That bothered me more than anyone being mad or disappointed.

I was thinking more today about my feelings about the whole thing (I'd love to stop thinking about it, if only my brain would let me. Stupid brain).

I think what I wanted to say, and did so poorly because I was pissy at laz, is that yes, I'm disappointed. Yes, I'm frustrated that they can't seem to change things up a bit with the shows. I'm beyond baffled that they think BD is a great opener. I'm peeved in advance that we're probably not going to get any of the newer songs (Mercy, Stingray, etc) in the US shows.

But despite all of that, I know I'm still going to have a blast at the shows. I'm not going to stand there and roll my eyes and be all "God, I can't believe they're playing this shit." I might roll my eyes and laugh with a friend who I know feels the same way about In a Little While, but I sing along anyway.

It's a U2 concert - I enjoy it no matter what they're playing. So that's why my initial reaction was to shrug, laugh a little and say "oh well."

That's what I meant to say, rather than coming across as "la di dah, I'm happy with whatever they do." I don't love everything they do. But when I'm disappointed or frustrated, it doesn't become anger or contempt at the band, or at fans who don't feel the same way. I totally understand how people can feel that way toward the band themselves - we're passionate about the music we love; it happens. I'm actually surprised I don't feel that way more often (maybe it's a sign my True Love is fading a bit). Just leave me out of it if I happen to feel less passionately about it.

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaamble ramble ramble.

Re: pitchfork...we were only gonna go to one day, but its tempting to replace lolla with p4k now that I see how they're spreading everything out.

I'm am going to Hold It Against Me You, Ashley!!!!

No, it's cool. I was pissy at laz yesterday because I was bothered that he comes across like he's spewing contempt and insults at not only the band, but at fans who don't feel the same way. That bothered me more than anyone being mad or disappointed.

I was thinking more today about my feelings about the whole thing (I'd love to stop thinking about it, if only my brain would let me. Stupid brain).

I think what I wanted to say, and did so poorly because I was pissy at laz, is that yes, I'm disappointed. Yes, I'm frustrated that they can't seem to change things up a bit with the shows. I'm beyond baffled that they think BD is a great opener. I'm peeved in advance that we're probably not going to get any of the newer songs (Mercy, Stingray, etc) in the US shows.

But despite all of that, I know I'm still going to have a blast at the shows. I'm not going to stand there and roll my eyes and be all "God, I can't believe they're playing this shit." I might roll my eyes and laugh with a friend who I know feels the same way about In a Little While, but I sing along anyway.

It's a U2 concert - I enjoy it no matter what they're playing. So that's why my initial reaction was to shrug, laugh a little and say "oh well."

That's what I meant to say, rather than coming across as "la di dah, I'm happy with whatever they do." I don't love everything they do. But when I'm disappointed or frustrated, it doesn't become anger or contempt at the band, or at fans who don't feel the same way. I totally understand how people can feel that way toward the band themselves - we're passionate about the music we love; it happens. I'm actually surprised I don't feel that way more often (maybe it's a sign my True Love is fading a bit). Just leave me out of it if I happen to feel less passionately about it.

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaamble ramble ramble.

:up:

I have not heard it, but I will definitely hunt it down based on the enthusiastic recommendations from several B&Cers. I do love Wayne Shorter, so his presence alone is enough to justify a listen. He might be my second-favorite jazz musician, and he wrote many of the best tunes in my favorite incarnation of Miles's bands: the second quintet.

:up: please do, and report back in detail!

I first downloaded Aja illegally through torrents, as I do most albums. It was one of those many "classic" albums that one should hear, I gathered, and I had very little jazz-rock type stuff on my ipod. Imagine my satisfaction when the first five seconds of Black Cow assured me I had found exactly what I was looking for. All seven tracks are brilliant. I bought it on CD like a week later, and then travelled to the other side of the city to buy a used vinyl copy.

Well the danger on the rocks has surely passed
Still I remain tied to the the mast
Could it be that I have found my home at last?
Home at last

Holy crap, I am appalled that I typed "I'm am" in the first sentence of the post. I edited that stupid thing probably 5 times, and still missed that.

Appalling typo is appalling. My head, it is hung in shame. :(

There is a lot worse on these forums, Cori. But I feel the same way when I make an error in one of my posts.

better than calling one of your biggest singles "I Gotta Feeling" when it should clearly be "I Got A Feeling" and then 99.9% of the world not even noticing the error :doh:

My god, you're right!

That never occurred to me, but I try not to spend a lot of time thinking about The Black Eyed Peas. :wink:

My god, you're right!

That never occurred to me, but I try not to spend a lot of time thinking about The Black Eyed Peas. :wink:

I was at the gym yesterday and My Humps came on, and it occurred to me that they are directly responsible for about 10 of the worst songs of the past few years. I could only name about five, but I know there are others, I just don't know them by name.

Well, there's that one song. And then there's that other one, with the decent beats. Oh, and the one with the "whoo-hoos," and one about "chickens jacking my style."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom