Random Music Talk XXVII: The Return of Knife Crime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Atease is awesome if you read the very few and far between posts that are actually about music and discovering new bands. unfortunately most of it is a select group of posters ganging up on ones they don't like.

Atease is responsible for me discovering a couple bands though. years ago, i heard of The National right after Alligator came out, and they've been one of my favorite bands since.

funny you say that because they literally have a thread highlighting Pitchfork's daily reviews.

my wife has awful taste in music and her version of good music is the Twilight soundtrack. Muse is on it and i normally laugh during that point of the car ride. if she wasn't hot, i'd be on the market. plus, we have a kid.

funny you say that because they literally have a thread highlighting Pitchfork's daily reviews.

Wow, that's fucking sad. What a bunch of tools.

Anyway, will def check out the Bowie thing, but if it's more like "Hours..." than Heathen, it probably won't do much for me.

Atease is awesome if you read the very few and far between posts that are actually about music and discovering new bands. unfortunately most of it is a select group of posters ganging up on ones they don't like.
THIS has made me really hate AtEase in the last couple of years. I'm all for mean-spirited mockery, but the lengths they go to to "out" the real life identities of boarders they don't like (friending people on their Facebooks) is beyond pathetic.

AtEase is what Pitchfork 4Chan would look like if it had a message board it loved dubstep.
Fixed.
And actually, the Pitchfork thread is one I always check out. The guy who posts album links for the daily reviews is a true champ of the board.

Well, he ups mediafire/rapidshare links, so you can download said albums.

As others have said, it is a good place to get up on newer stuff, it just takes a lot to filter through the douchebaggery.

I listened to Raw Cooter Power again today. And I liked it a whole lot better the second time around. It's definitely going to grow on me.

Also, there was a song on the radio today and I was trying to remember the lyrics so I could ask you guys who it was, but then Iggy blasted it out of my memory. Crud. Dude sounded like Paul McCartney, that's why it caught my attention.

paulcigar.jpg

Also found NM copies of Fleetwood Mac and Rumours, yesterday, for a total of $6.00. Listening to these records in full for the first time in...man, almost exactly 12 years. Too damn long. What the fuck have I been doing with my time?

Found a copy, just a few days ago. Fucking incredible. The engineering is mind-blowing. Maybe my favorite of the year, to this (yes, very early) point.

With rumors of a snippet of
Red Hill Mining Town
within it, although there are some questioning whether or not that was actually there.

It would certainly be a relevant little snippet to be playing there, though, so I could see it being true.

Things are looking pretty grim new album-wise; I can't imagine them announcing anything without a couple month's lead time, and the time to do it would have been right before starting the tour up again. I guess something could still happen during promo for this handful of shows, but something...doesn't quite feel right. If they had all these new songs about to come out they would be rehearsing some of them.

I hate to say it, but I've lost most of my optimism.

Although to be honest, if anyone remotely credible comes out with something remotely hopeful, I'll probably right back up there again.

So the P-Fork reviews for tomorrow are up, and just from reading the little blurb next to the Peter, Bjorn, and John icon, I blurted out "6.2" as I clicked on the link, and hit it right on the nose.

I'm used to those being funny. This one wasn't as funny.

There hasn't been a U2 album, I've been saying it since January. They're gonna go "We've gotten lost in the music" and move on till 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom