Random Music Talk XXVII: The Return of Knife Crime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. Sorry. I was trying to find the post iYup was referring to.

Yeah, I saw it a couple, but they were super vague and short. Wasn't sure if people had diff. opinions at this point.

FYI, I called your employer on Sunday, and a CS rep literally talked me out of upgrading my internet service plan. It was strange.

See Vile, if he is with The Violators. Avoid him like the plague, if he is playing solo.

Best song: "Freeway"
Most representative album: God Is Saying This to You
Best album: Either Constant Hitmaker or the new one, Smoke Ring for My Halo

Hey Reggo, is there any way you can get rid of that post of mine in your signature?

I feel pretty lame asking but, I don't know, every time I've seen it I'm just like ehhhhh.

Not one of my finest moments.

Anyway, my rampant idiocy, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Kurt Vile are all just terrible topics of conversation so, somebody say something else.

Have you heard Femme Fatale yet? I'm going to try and pick it up on the way to choir tonight, since I can pop into Best Buy, and I think it'll be cheaper there than my usual place. Their mainstream pop new releases are never as cheap as other new releases.

Have you heard Femme Fatale yet? I'm going to try and pick it up on the way to choir tonight, since I can pop into Best Buy, and I think it'll be cheaper there than my usual place. Their mainstream pop new releases are never as cheap as other new releases.

Not yet. It is sitting on my computer ready to be blasted through the speakers at some point, though. I just need to find the right mood one of these days soon where I feel like saying "I'm ready to get my full Britney on."

I hear you. One must be in proper Britney mode to experience The Full Britney.

If I can pick it up tonight, I'll try and throw it on the 'pod to listen to on the way to work tomorrow. Unless I'm in a total non-Brit mood, in which case I'll find something gloomy to listen to instead.

I was jk.

I'm sure he's a nice fella.

Just looked at his Wikipedia page. It compares him to Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen (which is a good thing) and it says one of his songs was used in an episode of Eastbound & Down (which is another good thing).

Yeah, I saw it a couple, but they were super vague and short. Wasn't sure if people had diff. opinions at this point.

FYI, I called your employer on Sunday, and a CS rep literally talked me out of upgrading my internet service plan. It was strange.

How very odd. :slant:

Hey Reggo, is there any way you can get rid of that post of mine in your signature?

I feel pretty lame asking but, I don't know, every time I've seen it I'm just like ehhhhh.

Not one of my finest moments.
I disagree, but alright.

How very odd. :slant:

Yeah, I was a little shocked too. More or less went down like this. "Hi, I want to pay your company more money". "Hmm, I wouldn't if I was you, it's not worth it". "Oh, uh, ok. Never mind, then."

That actually seems fairly refreshing - it's not often that a corporation is honest about such things.

starwarsshuttlecocklu2.jpg

Yeah, I was a little shocked too. More or less went down like this. "Hi, I want to pay your company more money". "Hmm, I wouldn't if I was you, it's not worth it". "Oh, uh, ok. Never mind, then."
Well, do you have the 12 or the 20-meg? cause we used to have 12, then upgraded, and I really can't tell any difference. :shrug:

That actually seems fairly refreshing - it's not often that a corporation is honest about such things.
:)

lT'S A TRAP!
:lol: CEO Ackbar assures me it is not.

It's not just the big companies; even an independent operator like Lance's Mom wont tell her johns that $12 is still too much for the opportunity to put a hot dog down a hallway and bring it back with the clap all over it.

The guy's argument was more that you don't get any discounts for that plan, which since a lot of Comcast plans have "first 6 months, such and such price" or whatever, he didn't think it was worth it. Since I haven't had one of those discounts for quite some time, I don't know if I really care.

I'm also not sure if I truly need the extra bandwidth, but with how much time I spend between general internet time, watching things on Netflix, and online gaming, I sort of assume I'd not mind paying extra the highest tier of bandwidth.

Uh, random music wise, I've re-discovered my love of the old St Sanders "shreds" videos.

YouTube - Kiss shreds

Well, do you have the 12 or the 20-meg? cause we used to have 12, then upgraded, and I really can't tell any difference. :shrug:

Yeah, the 24 or whatever it is, considering going to the 50+, whatever it is. That's the bad thing about cable, you don't actually get anywhere near those speeds, and it's so dependent on how many people are using things at the moment. Worries me that if I go to the 50+ plan, it will feel no different.

Well, then, yeah, I'm not surprised he talked you out of it. especially since it costs $200 to have it installed and then it's ridiculously expensive after that.

I'm back. Oh my God, not having the internet AND no cell phone service, and just basic basic cable :shudder:.

But in the meanwhile, I started watching The Wire which is sexy.

I haven't listened to an album in almost a week. I haven't heard Kurt Vile yet, let's get on that shit.

Well, then, yeah, I'm not surprised he talked you out of it. especially since it costs $200 to have it installed and then it's ridiculously expensive after that.

Really? I already have a compatible modem of my own, I assumed they just need to flip the switch. Yeah, it's like $55 more a month, or something crazy.

Anyways, yay for music.

Really? I already have a compatible modem of my own, I assumed they just need to flip the switch. Yeah, it's like $55 more a month, or something crazy.

Anyways, yay for music.
Yay for music, indeed.

I think there's special wiring or something they have to put in for the extreme, that's why the installation is so much.

My cellphone company called me up on two separate occasions to tell me to change my plan because I was paying too much. The first time, they saved me about $20 a month and made a couple features retroactive to the current month and the second time was because they weren't sure if they called me already

T-Mobile has been pretty good about telling me if I'm paying too much and retroactively taking money off my bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom