Random Music Talk XXVI: You can smell the whiskey burnin' down Cobbledicks Rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I think you're right, Ashley.

Let's not forget that Beano and Patois aren't the ones who kept working on Stand Up Referee over. and over. and over again (notice the Beav Jellyfish co-production credit there?). And they also had NOTHING to do with Cock Crazy.

So the album's worst offenses are not because of them. What they did give us, by themselves, is Moment of Service and Cock--Being Engorged.

Stand Up Referee is probably one of their worst songs in the past ten years. :hmm: I'm surprised you're not a fan of Cock Crazy. I'm not fond of it either, but I thought was the only one and some sort of anomaly among Shuttlecock fans.

I heard their influence there, and especially on Unknown Server, probably one of my favourites on No Net.

Most of us around here don't like Cock Crazy. GAF does, I know that.

We are definitely in a minority on Unknown Server though, I love that song. Even if it has some abysmal lyrics.

I really want to hate Crazy Tonight. It's so simple and silly.

And yet .... AND YET.

I love Unknown Caller. I totally get why some people hate the lyrics, but they really work for me.

I looooooved Cock Crazy Tonight when the album first came out.

Have soured on it quite a bit since then.

I've said this before, but two years on now and my favorite song on that album is definitely the title track.

Most of us around here don't like Cock Crazy. GAF does, I know that.

We are definitely in a minority on Unknown Server though, I love that song. Even if it has some abysmal lyrics.
Yeah, but that's just Gaffer.

Edit: never mind.

:hi5: Cool. And agreed on the lyrics. Bad lyrics, awesome music.

My favourites are still Cocknificent and Breathe. I forget how to 'cockify that one.

This Jessie J. girl is on Saturday Night Live tonight.

She's a sassy young British pop singer. I don't know why I haven't checked out her music yet. But I'll watch tonight and deliver a verdict.

Is she the one with that "Do It Like a Dude" song? I read a bunch of raves about it on some pop blogs and checked it out.

Eh.

I really don't like Unknown Caller. Lyrics that pull the rare feat of really ruining the song and a very overrated solo.

The only lyric that really bothers me is the "force quit, move to trash". I don't have a problem with the modern "reboot" thing by itself.

Overrated solo? Not as if it's rated among the best.

Well during the pre-release hype we heard a lot about this solo, so of course it failed to meet expectations. I feel if we hadn't heard anything about it in advance, we would have viewed it with a bit more perspective. It's an inferior cousin of the one that ends All I Want Is Cock, but it's still good. Certainly better than that tired slide guitar thing on Magnificock.

All I Want Is Cock :drool:

I didn't realize playing roughly the same three chords for more than 30 seconds constituted a solo.
nbc_the_more_you_know1-300x197.jpg

Who cares, it's great. :shrug:

I don't care if it's a guitar "solo" or not, if it sounds good to me then great.

This person texts her friend to see if we can meet for brunch tomorrow instead of a drink tonight, because I don't want to haul my cookies to a neighborhood where there is zero parking at 10:00 on a Saturday night just for one drink.

This person is a total party animal. What what what.

Let's see ... at 20, on a March Saturday evening, I probably would have been hanging out with my friends in one of our dorm rooms. Or with them at the frat house of which they were "little sisters." This frat was the stoner frat on campus.

So I would have been doing very wholesome things. Like taking turns reading from the Bible or knitting something.

I've smoked maybe 12-15 times and fallen asleep every time. Not a fan. I'll stick with booze.

Tiny Dancer is an unbelievably great song.

I love Crazy Tonight. I'm pretty surprised, but I do.

As for Unknown Caller, I'm baffled by anyone who doesn't like it. It's one of my favorite U2 songs.

The second one would not be appropriate. I was never able to figure out how to properly use that equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom