Random Music Talk XXVI: You can smell the whiskey burnin' down Cobbledicks Rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just say I already had something in common with the Reznor family...

nin-pretty_hate_machine.jpg

Yeah, and you should cut those nails, because that's really effing disgusting. I mean, how do you type? How do you do .... uh ... personal stuff?

GROSS.

Nope. For the same reason that I haven't far beyond the Trilogy. I wanted to familiarize myself with those, but now that I'm feeling wistful listening to any given second of those three records, I think it's time to move on. Keeping your comment on Westerberg in mind, is it worth it to head in that direction before the other Mats records? The last two records get awful reviews, and I'll confess that the idea of a less melodic Replacements doesn't really appeal to me, so the first two don't scream essential for me.

Don't listen to the critics. Don't Tell A Soul is WAY too overproduced but has enough good songs to make it worth a listen. All Shook Down has Scott Litt on the boards, and it's a big improvement, though it's definitely a more somber affair. It's essentially a solo album anyway with the other 'Mats alternating with various sessions dudes (supposedly they all only played together on one song), but it's all about Paul anyway, innit? The lyrics are fantastic, and the first 9 songs are all great.

Sorry Ma is punky but the songs are all catchy for the most part. And Hootenanny is probably way more diverse than you'd expect.

Indeed it was. And it's been like 5 years.

Oh, shit. Yeah, looks like he and Jessica Biel have split. (I don't know which one of them is more attractive.)

In other "could be complete bullshit" celebrity rumors, there is word that Scarlett Johansson and Sean Penn are dating.

Well, there's always Christina Hendricks...

In other news, I just found "Discotheque" and "Last Night on Earth" singles for 10 and 30 pence, respectively. Looks as though Pop has not aged too well for the Brits. :cute:

I'm working on a PhD. There's some libraries over here with documents that I need for my dissertation. That's probably a lot less glamorous than you were hoping. Apologies!

The dream I was awoken from by my alarm this morning featured me as a drug dealer (in the guise of Ice Cube) being chased down the stairwell of a run-down apartment building by a cop played by Queen Latifah.

WTF?

And why is my subconscious stuck in the 90's?

Damn you, Zoots.

I've read that J. Timberlake has been in the studio recently recording new music.

This pleases me.

In other "could be complete bullshit" celebrity rumors, there is word that Scarlett Johansson and Sean Penn are dating.

GROCE.

It's turning out to be a pretty damn good year for releases...

No kidding! Even just the first half of this year - between the ones that have already come out and looking over what's coming out between now and May, it's good pickins.

You know, it's like none of the Spiderman suckers producers ever saw the disaster that was Million Dollar Hotel.

You saw it. Would you have given Bono any money to write/produce anything except an album of music?

And even then?

Seems like Lykke Li has found a niche writing songs by having solid soundscapes to cover up straightforward lyrics writen in broken English

This takes us back 20 years when Roxette was doing such a great job in singing simple pop songs in Broken English :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom