Random Music Talk XXV: Friggin Cobbler is too Friggin Slow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't figure out where the appropriate place to put this (probably because there is no appropriate place), so I'll throw it in here.

I just saw on one of those celebrity gossip sites that Lindsey Lohan has dove back into the Sea of Quim and the first thing that came into my mind was her face superimposed into this scene from LOTR: The Two Towers: YouTube - LOTR You keep nassty chips!

You'd need to change the dialogue a bit, but it would make me chuckle.

Sam: What we need is a few good cocks.
Lindsey: What's cocks, precious? What's cocks, eh?
Sam: *Big.Hard.Dick* Rub 'em, lick 'em, stick 'em in your dew... Lovely big golden man with a nice piece of big dick.
[Lindsey makes a noise of disgust while sticking her tongue out]
Sam: Even you couldn't say no to that.
Lindsey: Oh yes we could. Spoilin' nice sex. Give it to us raw and w-r-r-riggling; you keep nasty dicks.

Ok, Cobbler, I'm listening to Aquemini.

If this song "synthesizer" isn't Heaven on Earth, someone's gonna die.

"Synthesizer" is on right now. It's not perfect, but I don't think anyone will be dying. Though the use of synthesizer isn't exactly fantabulous :wink:.

Anyways, I'll say more when I'm done. Possibly in the Hip-Hop thread, possibly in the list thread. Who knows :ohmy:

Oh my, only now getting around to hearing Janelle Monae's unreleased debut album. :heart:

Well, it doesn't even come close to the Metropolis Suites.

But I like it. Considering it's practically just an ambitious demo, it's especially solid.

She had something before the ArchAndroid? I heard she had a couple EPs, but a whole unreleased album?

Her first official release was Metropolis: The Chase Suite, then the first official album release being ArchAndroid. She has an unreleased first album called The Audition which she recorded in Atlanta in 2003 and would give away or sell at shows and such while trying to get recognition and what-not. It reflects as much, but like I said, surprisingly solid.

Interesting. I'm recording a demo this summer with my own equipment, so I'm always interested in hearing things like that from artists.

i don't have much experience with plays or musicals, but shouldn't the script, music, etc. already be a done deal by now? it's starting to remind me of peter griffin's the king and i.

:lmao:, oh fuck, that is a good episode.

I hate that show so much these days, but those first 4 or 5 seasons will live on in my heart forever.

They should have been done, finished, wrapped up 4 months ago.

Unbelievable.

It's a mixture of pathetic and hilarious over in EYKIW as it slowly dawns on everyone that this Danger Mouse project is not happening in May, or anytime soon for that matter. So they then take out their frustrations by hating on Radiohead. :|

Edit: looks as though I should have read the previous few pages before writing this.

Well I just watched Toy Story 3 again. And I cried, again. A 20 year old crying in his bedroom watching Toy Story 3 on a Tuesday night. Awesome. Seriously though it's such an incredible movie, that part where they all lock hands about to slide into the furnace, is the most heart-wrenching scene I've ever seen.

Makes me think Randy Newman's a bit of a joke though (there's your random music) but flipping through my bible (1001 albums to hear before you die) I see he's produced a number of note-worthy albums as a singer-songwriter. I only know him through "You've got a friend in me" and the "left foot right foot/Lois picks the apple, takes a bite" thing from that apocalypse episode of Family Guy. And one song that appeared on lemel's DI VII list.

It's a mixture of pathetic and hilarious over in EYKIW as it slowly dawns on everyone that this Danger Mouse project is not happening in May, or anytime soon for that matter. So they then take out their frustrations by hating on Radiohead. :|

Edit: looks as though I should have read the previous few pages before writing this.

I didn't see that much of that. :shrug: Blame it on the people who thought it was a good idea to bring Radiohead up in such a thread.

Having said that, my fondness of EYKIW has dropped considerably recently but I don't have the willpower to avoid the place completely. Despite the immense whining/bitching and keyboard smashing.

Well I just watched Toy Story 3 again. And I cried, again. A 20 year old crying in his bedroom watching Toy Story 3 on a Tuesday night. Awesome. Seriously though it's such an incredible movie, that part where they all lock hands about to slide into the furnace, is the most heart-wrenching scene I've ever seen.

Makes me think Randy Newman's a bit of a joke though (there's your random music) but flipping through my bible (1001 albums to hear before you die) I see he's produced a number of note-worthy albums as a singer-songwriter. I only know him through "You've got a friend in me" and the "left foot right foot/Lois picks the apple, takes a bite" thing from that apocalypse episode of Family Guy. And one song that appeared on lemel's DI VII list.

It really is incredible, I think the fact that I could watch it in Russian scored it more respect points from me.

i don't have much experience with plays or musicals, but shouldn't the script, music, etc. already be a done deal by now? it's starting to remind me of peter griffin's the king and i.

They were done, but then reviews of the show started showing up and the reviews were almost unanimously awful. So it seems that Taymor has finally decided to swallow her pride and admit that the thing needs a lot of help. In a way it's admirable, because she could have just been completely stubborn and decided to not change her big vision even though the show wasn't very good.

Admission is the first step to recovery.

It really is incredible, I think the fact that I could watch it in Russian scored it more respect points from me.

this is where i'm supposed to note i like your location. then i remembered i actually don't like kvass.

:lol:

i still need to see toy story 3 :reject:

Well I just watched Toy Story 3 again. And I cried, again. A 20 year old crying in his bedroom watching Toy Story 3 on a Tuesday night. Awesome.

I wouldn't be embarrassed by that. The final twenty minutes or so of the film are very intent on inducing emotion. It is a very strong film, though.

Someone scoop me. Why is it now evident that the Danger Mouse project isn't happening?

It's going to happen at some point. It could still happen in May, but, in my opinion at least, the likelihood of that happening decreases with each passing day. My guess would be that we won't see an album until sometime in 2012, but I hope that I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom