Random Music Talk XXIX: You snooze, you lose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not exaggerating when I say I have never listened to the radio. I've never actively gone, "Hm, I'd like to put the radio on and just see what songs they choose." Any radio I've heard has been from other people's cars/radios/etc.

The last seven days or so have been filled with little reminders of just how old I am.

Thanks, Little Lord Piss of Piss Manor.

I went through a huge phase where I never listened to radio, and have strangely flip flopped when I discovered a local independent station. Now I pretty much only listen to radio in my car, which can be bad when the independent station's "Irish instrumental folk ballads about suicide played exclusively on flutes" type shows are on.

No spoken words said:
Undoubtedly.

I am not exaggerating when I say I never listen to the radio anymore. Always my ipod, and if in a car, CD's I burned, and if at work and unable to access my ipod or itunes, then pandora...which I guess is radio, sort of.

I've been on road trips with friends who have satellite radio and inevitably we listen to the 80's stations, for better or worse.

I listen to CDs for the most part when I'm by myself, but Ashley as a goldfish attention span, so it's all radio for her. Since we, too, listen to a lot of 80s, if I hear less than three Pat Benetar or Billy Idol tracks in one day, it's been a good one.

REM-Radio-Song-5233.jpg

Stipe can't face what he did to race relations.

No spoken words said:
The last seven days or so have been filled with little reminders of just how old I am.

Thanks, Little Lord Piss of Piss Manor.

Um..id attribute that more to peef being insane. He's only a few years younger than me, and I definitely grew up listening to the radio.

LemonMelon said:
but Ashley as a goldfish attention span, so it's all radio for her.

Or you can just pretend like this is the reason...thanks for acting like I'm incapable of listening to an album in the car.

Or you can just pretend like this is the reason...thanks for acting like I'm incapable of listening to an album in the car.

Well, you don't. But then again, I'm nearly as insane as Peef, so I'm perhaps not one to judge.

$73.50??

That is an expensive show, sir.

I'm getting The National/Neko Case/Sharon van Etten tix for like $12 a piece. At the Hollywood Bowl, bitch!
welcome to australiasia, where anyone not from this part of the world costs $100 to see. at least local acts are cheaper, which means the only concerts i'll likely see in the next couple years are the same handful of people over and over again.

LemonMelon said:
Well, you don't. But then again, I'm nearly as insane as Peef, so I'm perhaps not one to judge.

I don't listen to them because I enjoy hearing a variety of things in the car, especially unexpected songs. I can't concentrate on albums in the way I'd like while driving

Um..id attribute that more to peef being insane. He's only a few years younger than me, and I definitely grew up listening to the radio.

Well, at least I know that I'm not crazy.

I KNOW it.

I never was much for gore or stuff like that, but I bought a copy of Fangoria (it was either that one or another, similar magazine) because it had a full-page color photo of that Nazi's face, mid-melt.

I really enjoyed scaring myself and grossing myself out by looking at it.

I beg your pardon. I only wanted to see Nazis if their faces were melting off*. I'd say that's hardly supportive of Hitler's agenda.

*or if they were in The Sound of Music, and nuns were stealing bits and pieces out of their cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom