Random Music Talk XXIV: Where there's CLICK!ing and NASH!ing of teeth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Soooo, I upgraded to a Macbook Pro last night, which means I was forced to move to iTunes 10. Now, I can use Genius again (yay!), but am also understanding why people hate these grayscale icons so much. They're depressingly minimalistic and cold.

Danny, you can quote ATLiens all day, if you'd like. :wink:

I'll always have a bit of a soft spot for "Walk This Way", 'cause I used to see the video for it all the time on MTV when I was little and I loved that song back then. "Dream On" is good, too.

Cool. I do sorta understand about "Henry the 8th", too, yes, that's an...interesting song.

I listen to our local oldies station a lot here when I do turn on the radio. It's the only one that's likely to play a good deal of stuff I actually like (though our classic rock one isn't too bad, either).

Angela

interesting=annoying, right?

i hate our local oldies staton. they do pretty much 1965-1979, which cuts out all the old rock n roll i love. buddy holly, gene vincent, carl perkins, old school elvis...going into early beatles, plus they have this general aversion to motown which i will NEVER understand, especially when they play fucking disco. wtf. it's a general consensus that while there is decent funk out there, straight up disco did in fact die, and should stay well the hell buried in its grave.

Tomboy has been pushed "up" a week (one week sooner) so as to coincide with Record Store Day, April 16th

Also, this is the album art
tomboy452cov.jpg

I thought that the Tomboy single and its b-side were both excellent. I'm looking forward to the album release.

Tomboy has been pushed "up" a week (one week sooner) so as to coincide with Record Store Day, April 16th

Also, this is the album art
tomboy452cov.jpg
Yay! Can't wait.
I kind of wish this promo pic was the album cover, though:
panda-bear-tomboy1.jpg

this might be one of those occasions where I just go ahead and live in fantasy land and swap that image as the cover in iTunes.

anyone heard of this band Everything Everything from Manchester? my mate was raving about them, says he can only find their stuff on youtube. he put on a vid, sounded pretty cool. apparently they're quite obscure, so maybe shouter will know.

Danny, you can quote ATLiens all day, if you'd like. :wink:

:yippie:

13th Floor/Growing Old :drool:

I'm sure Pitchfork will handle the album with a fair and unbiased approach. It's not like they're treating the new record like the second coming or anything...

I really wish that they would not post such blatantly partial article titles. I remember one that read "New Spoon album: Yes!!!" They either don't care about or are oblivious to how much that type of thing damages their journalistic integrity.

Pavement pretty much symbolizes Pitchfork's raison d'etre, so I don't know if that's some kind of major infraction.

That was the indie rock equivalent of The Beatles getting back together.

Teh Pitchforkz said:
According to a source who is real and official and not a figment of our imagination, Pavement will perform a benefit show at Central Park SummerStage on September 21, 2010. Mark your motherfucking calendars.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I've actually found Pitchfork to be a pretty decent source for music news, though they can get obnoxiously opinionated at times.

They have also been treating the prospect of concerts from the Neutral Milk Hotel guy with ill-disguised euphoria. I really wonder how many people are actually excited about seeing that guy play a show. Two-thirds of them probably work for Pitchfork already.

Pavement pretty much symbolizes Pitchfork's raison d'etre, so I don't know if that's some kind of major infraction.

That was the indie rock equivalent of The Beatles getting back together.

Which is a good point, I'm just not sure you'd've seen many professional writers refer to that as "HOLY SHIT".

As much as I used to bitch about the site, however, I have become a bit of a begrudging fan. It is a great place for news for the most part, and I do enjoy laughing at their reviews.

They have also been treating the prospect of concerts from the Neutral Milk Hotel guy with ill-disguised euphoria.

Jeff Mangum was already irritating enough, but Pitchfork has been OBNOXIOUS about Neutral Milk Hotel news lately.

January 10 - OMFG Jeff Mangum takes shit, perhaps influenced by Neutral Milk Hotel
January 12 - Jeff Mangum utilizes can opener (VIDEO)
January 15 - Jeff Mangum covers Radiohead in shower
January 17 - Jeff Mangum remembers Neutral Milk Hotel(!!!!!), references them in interview with Pitchfork
January 20 - Jeff Mangum to do absolutely nothing for charity benefit
January 24 - Neutral Milk Hotel to reunite...in the dreams of Pitchfork staff

Back
Top Bottom