Random Music Talk XXIV: Where there's CLICK!ing and NASH!ing of teeth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a big fan of light ales with a hint of citrus

probably one of my least favorite kinds of beers. i've tried a fair number thinking maybe, just maybe one of them won't taste like crap, but sadly i've never found one i like. actually, i think the only worse is a belgian golden ale. cloves....blech.

My favorite beers:

rogue-hazelnut-brown-nectar-21352762.jpg

:hmm: the only rogue i've had was the dead guy. i liked it. i liked it well enough to drink 11 out of the 12-pack (some guy at the party came up to me and asked hey, did you bring this? good stuff! uh, dude, who told you to help yourself to my beer? friggn' beer-mooches) the last time i bought it.

Man, you'd LOVE our oldies station, then. Lots of Motown (how can an oldies station NOT play Motown? I don't understand this), and right now in particular tons of Buddy Holly/Ritchie Valens/Big Bopper type stuff (as well as other songs from the time period those three were big), 'cause of the upcoming anniversary of the plane crash (especially noteworthy to our area since it happened here). And the Surf Ballroom, in the town next door to us, is having a Winter Dance Party next weekend-they do those every year at this time, and they'll play all that sort of stuff you like.

The oldies station does also play a lot of late '60s stuff, and stuff from the 1970s (every Sunday evening they play an old Casey Kasem Top 40 show from the '70s), and the early '80s as well, which is freakin' WEIRD, to say the least, but they're good with the '50s/early '60s stuff, too. Hell, they even do a big band hour in the morning on the weekends.

(Mention of the Beatles and "Eleanor Rigby"-I just want to say that's my favorite Beatles song. "Penny Lane" is up there, too, though)

yeah, that sounds excellent.

i didn't think you could even call yourself an oldies station if you didn't play motown, but apparently it's not as egregious a musical crime as i thought.

BTW, I had two really odd dreams in the last couple of days. One I only remember a bit about, but IWB was trying to find the body of someone I apparently murdered and buried in the desert :up:.

:lmao:

(i've never been to any kind of desert)

I should have remembered that you were at Minnesota. As for Capital, the Amber and Island Wheat are both excellent, as is the seasonal Maibock.

Cool, thanks! I'll keep an eye out for those. :up:

probably one of my least favorite kinds of beers. i've tried a fair number thinking maybe, just maybe one of them won't taste like crap, but sadly i've never found one i like. actually, i think the only worse is a belgian golden ale. cloves....blech.

Plus side of this: if we're ever drinking within close quarters of each other, we'll never drink each other's beers. I'm with you on some Belgian golden ales though...just had one the other night, in fact, that I had to pass off to the bf because it tasted like soap or something. On the other hand, Blue Moon (not an ale, but Belgian and wheat-based with that bit of citrus) is near the top of my list as well. I'm guessing you're not a fan of that one either?

Cool, thanks! I'll keep an eye out for those. :up:

Plus side of this: if we're ever drinking within close quarters of each other, we'll never drink each other's beers. I'm with you on some Belgian golden ales though...just had one the other night, in fact, that I had to pass off to the bf because it tasted like soap or something. On the other hand, Blue Moon (not an ale, but Belgian and wheat-based with that bit of citrus) is near the top of my list as well. I'm guessing you're not a fan of that one either?

:lol: very true.

yeah, i had something once that tasted soapy, i can't remember what it was. i'm a lot more selective and less interested in trying new things now.

nope, not really a fan of blue moon. it's not horrible, a little bit better than the sam adams summer beer. and i've been known to drink it when it's the best option on tap, but far from my favorite.

steelrailNEW.jpg

STONE-SMOKED-PORTER.jpg

i couldn't find a picture of a lambic other than those crappy super-sweet ones that taste like someone dumped pixie sticks in them. those are terrible.

and i like bass. :grumpy:

:hmm: the only rogue i've had was the dead guy. i liked it. i liked it well enough to drink 11 out of the 12-pack (some guy at the party came up to me and asked hey, did you bring this? good stuff! uh, dude, who told you to help yourself to my beer? friggn' beer-mooches) the last time i bought it.

Dead Guy is very good, but you haven't even scratched the surface. Rogue has some amazing shit, and I've got several friends hooked on the Hazelnut.

If you care for the heavier stuff, their Shakespeare Stout was once ranked the best bottled beer in the world in a guide I had back in the mid 90's.

I'm a fan of Belgian Whites. I love the crispness that they have.

RACIST.

I love how we've managed to get off-topic in one of the broadest topics in the entire forum. :laugh:

I'm not a beer-drinker (under 21), but my drink of choice is made BY a brewery and it's awesome:
image_sprecherrootbeer1.jpg

Sprecher Root Beer. Very possibly the finest root beer in America. :drool::drool::drool:

Dead Guy is very good, but you haven't even scratched the surface. Rogue has some amazing shit, and I've got several friends hooked on the Hazelnut.

If you care for the heavier stuff, their Shakespeare Stout was once ranked the best bottled beer in the world in a guide I had back in the mid 90's.

cool. i'd look into it, but i can't buy beer anymore where i live unless i fully intend to drink every single one i've bought because my housemate will finish it for me if i'm out/sleeping. he's a douchebag like that, and always claims oh no, wasn't me. sure, the beer fairy did it. the only thing i've really seen around here is dead guy, but i also haven't been looking very hard lately. stouts are alright by me.

Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales | Off-centered stuff for off-centered people
they make some damn fine beers, too. i like their ipas. although the pumpkin one....not so good.

I love how we've managed to get off-topic in one of the broadest topics in the entire forum. :laugh:

I'm not a beer-drinker (under 21), but my drink of choice is made BY a brewery and it's awesome:

Sprecher Root Beer. Very possibly the finest root beer in America. :drool::drool::drool:

yeah, it's pretty far off topic. i figured when i post-spammed the shit out of what i'd missed the last day or two, maybe this time gaf will not miss the booze discussion so much.

Cantillon Brewery - Gueuze 100% Organic Lambic

that's what i was looking for before. :drool:

i used to love this place...
The Moan and Dove :: Amherst, MA - Bottle Menu
...when i still lived up that way. i probably only tried about 1/3 of those on the list (if you go through the whole list in a year, you get a mug with your name on it. after running through too many i flat-out didn't like, i decided it was too expensive and gave up).

Being under 21 never stopped me. And GAF's been drinking heavily since he was 8.

cool. i'd look into it, but i can't buy beer anymore where i live unless i fully intend to drink every single one i've bought because my housemate will finish it for me if i'm out/sleeping. he's a douchebag like that, and always claims oh no, wasn't me. sure, the beer fairy did it. the only thing i've really seen around here is dead guy, but i also haven't been looking very hard lately. stouts are alright by me.

Actually, only Dead Guy comes in 6-packs. The other Rogue flavors are only in those tall single bottles. Not cheap, but well worth it.

cool. i'd look into it, but i can't buy beer anymore where i live unless i fully intend to drink every single one i've bought because my housemate will finish it for me if i'm out/sleeping. he's a douchebag like that, and always claims oh no, wasn't me. sure, the beer fairy did it.
Sounds like a healthy living situation.

Actually, only Dead Guy comes in 6-packs. The other Rogue flavors are only in those tall single bottles. Not cheap, but well worth it.

hmm. then i must have bought 2 6packs. all i know is there were 12 beers, someone stole one, and i was happily drunk...unfortunatly, drunk enough to think cinnimon flavored vodka or some such crap sounded like a good idea. it was all downhill from there.

tall single bottles are good. most of the bbc stuff comes like that. i know if i buy one, i'm going to drink it, and it won't be there for my housemate to steal.

back to music, i must say again how fucking awesome a song "a more perfect union" is.

Gin & tonic

Blanche de Chambly

His n Hers > Different Class

Lances mom is a whore

Sparklehorse's It's A Wonderful Life is the kind of album I wish Eels was still making, as opposed to the predictable water-treading being given us now. It's very moody, with that kitchen-sink instrumentation, but extremely consistent and cathartic.

Jarvis Cocker also is the animated singer with the guitar in The Fantastic Mister Fox, and was involved in the joke/line that made me laugh until I almost cried.

What is this YouTube? A tube made of you? I'm old.

(Thanks, though. It honestly didn't occur to me. I'm not having a very good day.)

:hug: I'll stop helping Cori across the Internets like a little ol' lady now.

:goes to listen to new Fleet Foxes song to bleach mind of SUC:

Jarvis Cocker also is the animated singer with the guitar in The Fantastic Mister Fox, and was involved in the joke/line that made me laugh until I almost cried.

i got a copy of that movie for christmas. my mother still insists on buying me dvds she knows i'm never going to watch. i might actually have to watch it now.

i also want to like fleet foxes. the couple songs i heard sort of irritated me, but i think i should like them. i'm listened to billy bragg now, which is somewhat related as he made a reference to listening to fleet foxes in some between-song banter the last time i saw him play live. something about driving around on a sunny day listening to fleet foxes and it was wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom