Random Music Talk XXIII: Give Me Butt Meat or Give Me Death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to see De La Soul perform ...is Dead in concert in Feb. Just read however that Mos Def toured with DJ Shadow back in 09 when I was into neither. FML

I just listened to Coolio' debut album. Cause...Y Not?

Wasn't too bad actually. Didn't realize I knew the song "Fantastic Voyage". That was a fun trip down nostalgia lane.

The pilot is probably the weakest episode of the series, if I recall it correctly.

If you go back and look at the Community thread, I (kind of) tore into the pilot, and thought that it wasn't anything I'd return to.

Good god, and thank god, I changed my mind on that one and gave it another shot. Fuck. I can't say enough about that show.

Random music? Ummmmm, I like the Beach Boys song California Girls? Uhhh, Coldplay were a huge influence on Kraftwerk?

The little rap that Avet and the black dude did at the end of ep 2 was hilarious.

"Yea boi! Boi, boi, boi. 2009"

I'll post in the proper thread from now on, promise.

I'd post this in the Beady Eye thread, but no one would see it.
Liam on Oasis getting back together (in response to Alan McGee saying they would):

"(McGee is) wrong isn't he? And a couple of little cunts moaning on the fucking internet going, 'Oh it isn't fucking Oasis,' aren't going to bother me. They're going to make themselves fucking sick if they don't get over it.

"It's like wanting your girlfriend back after she's fucked you off. You'll end up getting yourself ill. They're not going to get me knocking on someone's door saying, 'Come on let's get back together'. It's done, mate. We had a great time. Beady Eye is where we are now... Get rid of all the Oasis songs and just bathe ourselves in Beady Eye."

Don't take the news to hard, you moaning cunts

Well here is the first official Beady Eye single

YouTube - Beady Eye - The Roller

Before you all start

1. Yes it rips off Instant Karma
2. and Getting Better
3. Its a nice tune, not a classic by any means. Four Letter Word is awesome though.
4. Noel better hurry up with his solo album

I won't rip into you, I just won't even click play.

Back to Community for a sec, sounds like it's a good thing that the pilot was not the first episode of it I saw.

If you go back and look at the Community thread, I (kind of) tore into the pilot, and thought that it wasn't anything I'd return to.

The pilot was woeful enough that I have never even considered returning to the show. The whole thing reeked of self-importance, as though the writers were congratulating each other on their ostensible insights in every scene.

Sorry, I just had to vent there for a moment.

The pilot was woeful enough that I have never even considered returning to the show. The whole thing reeked of self-importance, as though the writers were congratulating each other on their ostensible insights in every scene.

Sorry, I just had to vent there for a moment.

So you're saying you never watched it again? :sad:.

278-1.jpg

It's one of the most consistent best-of packages ever.

After Hard Promises, the Heartbreakers lose it for me a bit. But the first four albums are all awesome and, thankfully, Petty's solo work remained quality, ESPECIALLY Wildflowers. One of the best breakup records of all time. Rick fucking Rubin.

Yeah, the first three albums especially are fantastic. I might take Long After Dark, Southern Accents, and Into The Great Wide Open over Hard Promises, though. Or at least on par with it. There are some really great individual tracks on all of those albums.

I would agree with you about Wildflowers, though. It's my favorite of his albums, certainly, and the one that I've come back to the most. Lots of great memories associated with that one. Full Moon Fever was a damn good "solo" effort, too. There's a lot of hits on that one, yeah, but every song feels big. Nice way to close out the '80s.

One of the best American songwriters, well, ever.

I randomly heard the U2 cover of Everlasting Love at Subway a few days ago. I guess I'm legitimately "not a real fan" lately, as I had forgotten that cover even existed. Weird to be reminded of it at Subway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom