Random Music Talk XXI: Check Out This F@&!#%' Shouter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just listening to the LCD Soundsystem show that i downloaded (had to pay for it), so awesome.

my show rates as the second best gig i've seen (behind U2 of course, marginally in front of PJ) but i would have killed a man for Dance Yrself Clean, You Wanted a Hit, Someone Great and Home.

cheers for the advice btw GAF!

one final thing before i go to bed - there's this really shitty Australian drama on TV that everyone loves, called Packed to the Rafters. they used Fix You in one of the episodes.

it's now #11 on our top 50 what's even sadder is i can say that it's probably the best song in the top 50

Yeah, I was j/k.

Just wanted to put the image of a new born Thom Yorke into people's minds.

I just shudder at the thought.

one final thing before i go to bed - there's this really shitty Australian drama on TV that everyone loves, called Packed to the Rafters. they used Fix You in one of the episodes.

it's now #11 on our top 50 what's even sadder is i can say that it's probably the best song in the top 50

Man, so much a TV show can do for the popularity of a song.

IWB - your post in the last thread, particularly "yeah it was a good show, but i wish they'd played more songs people actually know and not all that stuff no one's ever heard." fills me with so much rage i too want to fly to America and hit this woman square in the face.

it was the dude that said that, and the woman was the one who was too cool for the show with her "adult" sitting thing. not that it matters, they both could use you punching them in the face. :up: my poor mom and brother had to listen to my rant about how infuriating their comments were all the way home (and it's a 2 hr drive) :shifty:

i listened to some lcd soundsystem yesterday and will be doing that again today. :up:

i am new adventuring (in hi-fi, of course) at the moment, though.

I guess I'm not quite the U2 fan I thought I was :reject:

For some reason I thought it was an unreleased song form the Achtung sessions, so I'm not either. I couldn't even finish watching the video, though. Somewhat painful.

I'd never heard it either and funny enough, thought the same thing you did, mofo. The video is hilarious though

if i'd ever heard that before, i blocked it out and forgot about it (which is a pretty distinct possibility. that was truly awful).

here i was thinking wow, i made it almost 1:30 into that video--i'm a better u2 fan than i actually thought.

woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle---->bizarre brain processing and word assosciations----->"womanfish"=u2 song=must be from AB-era outtakes. i mean, it's not like there weren't an assload of outtakes from that time frame or anything. makes sense. :shrug: before watching it i was gonna assume it was some really early pre-boy thing like "trevor" (which is the only title of any of those-type songs i remember. this i can blame mofo for) or something.

156932d1290016684-funny-strange-random-pics-1youl.jpg

i am actually listening to u2.

no, really. more u2 than i've listened to in ages (which means i'm actually on a third consecutive song right now). every time i mention how bad the atomic bomb album was, i get this twinge of "well, i actually did like something about 'city of blinding lights' quite a bit." so i decided it was time to listen to it. yeah, not a terrible song. there is something about it i like. then i decided ok, the album that i'll be less likely to throw against a wall is probably AB, so i'll listen to that. i have a feeling i'll make it to mysterious ways and be done with it. but i may just listen to an entire u2 album today.

nevermind. "one" started up and i was instantly angered. sort of forgot it was there and it snuck up on me. so much for that little experiment.

even better than the real thing and zoo station kicked ass, though.

Unless Gloria is too much for you, I'm not sure more than the hardcore have bothered to make it all the way through October. Nor would they want to. Dammit, Is That All.

i've made it through october quite a few times. there's stuff on there i liked. not much, but the stuff i dislike i dislike because it's bad, not because i've heard it a gazillion times.

I have far more issues with many of their must more loved albums than I do with October.

Meanwhile, my musician friends at work and I are sussing out what songs we're going to do when we do a mini- Red Rocks set at our next work concert, next February.

So far it looks to be:

Out of Control
Electric Co
Two Hearts Beat As One
I Will Follow
Seconds
... either 11 O'Clock Tick Tock or New Year's Day

We're waiting for our drummer to pop in with his two cents.

I can't wait. It's going to be so stinking fun.

Meanwhile, my musician friends at work and I are sussing out what songs we're going to do when we do a mini- Red Rocks set at our next work concert, next February.

So far it looks to be:

Out of Control
Electric Co
Two Hearts Beat As One
I Will Follow
Seconds
... either 11 O'Clock Tick Tock or New Year's Day

We're waiting for our drummer to pop in with his two cents.

I can't wait. It's going to be so stinking fun.

I know I won't be attending and thus my opinion has no sway, but Two Hearts Beat As One is eww.

More An Cat Dubh/cowbell is what everything needs.

in other news, because i've moved on, how has "exhuming mccarthy" never been on any "OMG iwb's favorite # of rem songs at this particular point in time" list before?

fucking great song.

in other news, because i've moved on, how has "exhuming mccarthy" never been on any "OMG iwb's favorite # of rem songs at this particular point in time" list before?

fucking great song.

Meet me at the book burning!

I know I won't be attending and thus my opinion has no sway, but Two Hearts Beat As One is eww.

More An Cat Dubh/cowbell is what everything needs.

:lol: I love Two Hearts Beat As One. That was one of the bass player's "musts."

I'd love to do An Cat Dubh, but only without Into the Heart, which feels like blasphemy to even dare suggest it.

No one brought up that song as an option. I can live with that.

"Seconds" is a great choice. Might I suggest "Red Light"? That should win over any people who are undecided or ambivalent about U2. :wink:

That album rules.

it certainly does. it's just terrifingly apparent right now how few times i think i've actually listened to it in its entirety. it's like that movie you've seen a gazillion times and can quote, know the plot and everything, but you've always just seen pieces out of order on tv and never actually sat down and watched it from beginning to end. especially embarassing because i've been pretty proud of being able to sing along with it's the end of the world...word for word since i was 14.

that's a bit of an exaggeration, but it's a little too close to true for my liking. must fix this.

also kind of puzzling, because i've always been of the opinion that early rem=best overall albums, whereas their single best songs (not singles per se, but individual songs) are on the later albums. not with a really a clear pre automatic and post automatic distinction between what i mean by early vs later rem, i never really knew where to put that line...

"Seconds" is a great choice. Might I suggest "Red Light"? That should win over any people who are undecided or ambivalent about U2. :wink:

Seconds was chosen by our Fake Edge. I told him he'd have to sing on it, like the Real Edge, and he accepted the challenge.

I would rather sing a set of Justin Bieber songs than Red Light. But we're only picking songs from the full Red Rocks DVD anyway, so thank god it's not even in the running. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom