Random Music Talk XLVIII: Like Tennessee Williams, we wait for The CLICK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So what you're saying is that I appear in your dreams almost as often as Derrick Rose appears in mine?

Yes. We're always watching movies together, too. This time it was Lost In Translation. Don't know why I travel all the way to Chicago to watch a movie I've already seen with the GAF, but I don't care enough to try to interpret it.

Merry Christmas fuckers.

Love, Andre 3000, Big Boi, Cee-Lo, Big Gipp, T-Mo, Khujo, Killer Mike, Cool Breeze, Backbone, Big Rube, the RZA, the GZA, Ol' Dirty Bastard, Inspectah Deck, Raekwon the Chef, U-God, Ghostface Killah, Method Man, Killah Priest, Nas, Pos, Trugoy, Prince Paul, Q-Tip, Kanye and many, many more.

Cobbler, do you do anything for Boxing Day? Or is it just something of a formality?

Glad you asked :D

Boxing Day is the beginning of the Boxing Day test match, one of the best traditions in sport. A cricket match always played at the MCG, the home of sport, between Australia and whoever happens to be touring at the time. The past few years I've been to the game but this year I'll be unwinding from Christmas in front of the TV to watch us take on India, with a few beers that are not only full-strength but also don't cost $6 (like at the cricket). There's also a much lower chance of sunburn. It's going to be interesting because Sachin Tendulkar has 99 international centuries, and the whole world is waiting for him to crack the ton, of tons, as it were. He, Sehwag, Laxman and Dravid are four of the best batsmen in the world so I always like watching them play. This could also be Ricky Ponting's final test match. As good as he has been for this country (best since Sir Donald Bradman) he has struggled in the past two years and looks past it. Should be an engrossing contest.

What do you guys get up to?

He retires 18 months ago and I'm not sure how you could argue with that. There's been a shit ton of great batsmen in between but he had the best record.

I have a feeling iyup is very sorry he asked....

In spirit of the day, I'm digging out Mario Lanza's Christmas album that my dear late Dad bought many years ago, from Target, and hope to frighten the neighbours. With Mario or my singing. Or both.

Merry Christmas/non-religious specific holiday of choice!

He retires 18 months ago and I'm not sure how you could argue with that. There's been a shit ton of great batsmen in between but he had the best record.

He hasn't even been the best batsman in the team during his career. Michael Hussey owns him.

Back
Top Bottom