Random Music Talk XLVII: 'tis (almost) the season to be jolly. But not "joyful".

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iron yuppie said:
But I think that you can see how there would be little incentive to celebrate it for someone who is irreligious and largely anti-corporate.

That's pretty much me though (but maybe more indifferent to the corporate part than anti). I just really like the family aspect and that people are generally in a happy and festive mood. Before I started working for myself, I used to love the atmosphere around the office too. Everything about it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling and a semi

Jive Turkey said:
Everything about it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling and a semi

Don't go sharing that Christmas cheer now.

I liked doing jack shit on Christmas, back in the day. We'll see if I can stand it when I actually have to go somewhere this year.

That's pretty much me though (but maybe more indifferent to the corporate part than anti). I just really like the family aspect and that people are generally in a happy and festive mood. Before I started working for myself, I used to love the atmosphere around the office too. Everything about it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling and a semi

Also me, but I don't care about the family aspect either. I'd rather just party with friends. So I'm often going to see movies when everyone is visiting home.

I stand by what 2-1/2-year-old me said, Santa, and by extension, Christmas is illogical.

My friends and I have a Christmas movie tradition as well. Good wine, good food, good music, a movie, no gifts. My office closes for two weeks so that's extra nice.

The thing is, Random isn't Randooooooom or Shuttlecock II where one thread title lasts 3-6 months. We could have taken a few weeks to think of something less convoluted.

But hey, at least we'll be onto a new thread in a few days.

All of that thread is sort of classic.

ETA: I miss Mia.

He was mad as hell and he wasn't going to take it anymore! He just didn't quite point his nervous breakdown in the right direction.

Mustn't laugh at Cobbler. He did something nice for me this weekend.

My mom had to write a 1000-word essay for a job interview and since I suck at writing essays and he's a professional writer now and all, he offered to look it over and give his feedback, which was greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom