Random Music Talk XLVII: 'tis (almost) the season to be jolly. But not "joyful".

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had not seen the Pixies since they opened for U2 during ZooTV, which made it extra special tonight when they gave a nod to U2 by playing Wave of Mutilation twice.

That's kind of interesting. Yeah, it seems to just be an elaborate publicity stunt, by a bunch of smart and ambitious young filmmakers. Trying to get their shit viral and make a name for themselves.

Obviously haven't looked into it enough. Just found out about it 5 minutes ago.

So, what supposedly "happens"? The kid who was originally making Marble Hornets is now missing or something? And the story is that the kid who took the footage from him might be somehow involved in his disappearance?

I dunno, when I realized the "villain" was actually an image meme from SomethingAwful, I got bored.

Haha, yeah, after another 5 more minutes of research, I'm done with it. It's total bullshit, basically a horror TV series, except on YouTube. I give credit to the kids who made it, though. Seems like they got a decent amount of attention for their low-budget project, which I'm sure is what they were looking for. So good for them.

Haha, yeah, after another 5 more minutes of research, I'm done with it. It's total bullshit, basically a horror TV series, except on YouTube. I give credit to the kids who made it, though. Seems like they got a decent amount of attention for their low-budget project, which I'm sure is what they were looking for. So good for them.

Yeah, much props to 'em. Kind of like a Blair Witch or Cloverfield kind of thing. Only about a SomethingAwful image meme. Inventive, especially since I didn't know who Slenderman was before I started poking around.

I came across that last year and was really annoyed at how lame it was. Horrible acting

Cobbler, I don't approve of your new tattoo.

dubstep.png

I hate you guys for posting your creepyish links when I'm up late, as I likely won't be able to sleep for a while now. I unfortunately went back and read the sleep paralysis and numbers stations links as well. Fringe actually did an episode that tied in numbers stations, that was my first hearing of them.

Anyways, in regards to weird sleep issues, I've had scattered issues with insomnia in my life. I've never really had the sleep paralysis in regards to the "can't move" issue, but I have unfortunately had a few times in my life where I somehow open my eyes but am still sort of dreaming, and it makes for some screwed up hallucinations and the like.

From what I read, this is fairly common and why a lot of people who think they were abducted by UFOs, or visited by angels / ghosts / whatever, usually have some weird story of waking up and the figures being there and then some sort of time loss, etc. Essentially you have your eyes open, but are not awake enough to comprehend basic things your eyes are seeing while you're dreaming over the top of that.

It's probably only happened to me 3 or 4 times ever (when I was a little kid and twice in college), but it's crazy how much it's freaked me out and affected my ability to want to sleep.

I'm working on a ridiculously large paper that's due in five hours. I am not going to sleep tonight. I've still never pulled an all-nighter. UNTIL NOW.

I have many not so fond memories of caffeinated soda-filled nights of fluff-filled paper writing.

bono_212 said:
We have baby. :cute:

I know one thing Pitchfork wouldn't give a 6.8 to: holding a newborn. Friggin awesome.

Would have smelled her head but there was this crotchety old nurse there who didn't want me there to begin with. She would have fed me castor oil or something.

I have many not so fond memories of caffeinated soda-filled nights of fluff-filled paper writing.
I don't really drink any caffeine and I try to avoid soda due to having had acid reflux a couple years back, so this is not ideal in any way.

I'm here, so that's not good. I'm completely exhausted, and the paper is only about 60% finished.

I don't really drink any caffeine and I try to avoid soda due to having had acid reflux a couple years back, so this is not ideal in any way.

I'm here, so that's not good. I'm completely exhausted, and the paper is only about 60% finished.
:shh: alcoholic beverages have a ph at/around (depending on type) soda's ph. though kudos to avoiding soda and caffeine. i try to avoid them as much as possible, out of fear of becoming one of those don't talk to me until i've had my morning coffee types.

Oh, I'm well aware of that. Having soda and alcohol with too much frequently in my freshman year was what caused it. I cut back on the soda to allow the alcohol with no issues. It has worked well.

The caffeine was simply because I saw people like my father who couldn't function without coffee and I just said, "I never want to get to that point." I've literally never tried coffee. I've never had an energy drink. I don't think I've ever even had Mountain Dew. The most caffeine I've ever had is from a soda like Coke or something.

Opening band was sick... the lead singer was like 10, and I am not even remotely joking. And he was drinking beer n shit. Then you've got Kliph on the side of the stage, nodding in approval, smoking a ciggie. This is gonna be one cool night.

Back
Top Bottom