Random Music Talk XLVI: No, studio Bad(minton) is NOT better than the live version.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Eno/Lanois production actually removes most of the energy from the studio takes, but I still love Beautiful Day, Kite and When I Look At The World regardless of the context.

Haha, oh, I just threw out a number. Ummm. I find Wild Honey silly, but do enjoy it. Grace has some painful lyrics, but is mostly inoffensive. Those are the only two, methinks, that I find the most negative.

I got the party raging last night by picking songs on my iPhone. Right up until a mate said "put on Yonkers", which ruined it and cleared the dfloor.

I was hoping my fancy schmancy Achtung edition would show up this morning, but Amazon used Ontrac instead of UPS, so I'll probably get it late this afternoon. Curses.

Thats part of it, its also got kind of an Obla-di-obla-da vibe going which I dig.

I don't listen to U2 for the lyrics most of the time, but Wild Honey is one song I absolutely skip cause I cannot get past the lyrics. Also, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da is almost a ska song. I will absolutely eat my words if the next part of this sentence ever comes true, but I don't think U2 could ever stop taking themselves so seriously to ever do a ska song. Maybe back in the 90's, but not now.

At least twice I mentioned in the Achtung Remaster thread when it first started my previous issues ordering U2 special Editions off amazon.ca. I had to wait over 3 weeks after the release date for their Boy/October/War set and at least two weeks for the Joshua Tree... Now people are complaining. I feel like saying I told you so but I dont have the energy...

Your Amazon.com order of "Achtung Baby Super Deluxe..." has shipped!

:yippie:

I guess I didn't pre-order it in time to have it delivered on release day but I don't have time to enjoy it this week anyway.

I s seriously have no idea since I haven't ever gone to any of the threads regarding the reissue, is Zooropa remastered?

I was hoping my fancy schmancy Achtung edition would show up this morning, but Amazon used Ontrac instead of UPS, so I'll probably get it late this afternoon. Curses.

Mine is through OnTrac as well (never heard of it until now), but mine was still overnight. Did you try tracking it? Mine's out for delivery now. :heart:

Mine is through OnTrac as well (never heard of it until now), but mine was still overnight. Did you try tracking it? Mine's out for delivery now. :heart:

Ontrac only provides service to the western most states in the US, I think Utah is as far east as they handle. They buy empty space on post office trucks / planes (of which there's always a lot :wink: ) for everything but the final delivery. Amazon's been using them for the last year or so, but only on specific items. I never understand how they choose which will go UPS and which will go Ontrac. I've never had a problem with them, I just like that UPS delivers to my place at about 9am, where as Ontrac typically does around 3 or 4pm.

I hope that's not the case here - as soon as I get the notification that it's been delivered, I might have to call the Receiving Dock and beg and plead that they bring it up to me as soon as possible, so I can have it before I leave.

I hope that's not the case here - as soon as I get the notification that it's been delivered, I might have to call the Receiving Dock and beg and plead that they bring it up to me as soon as possible, so I can have it before I leave.

No need - it's now in the building. Whooooooo!

I will absolutely eat my words if the next part of this sentence ever comes true, but I don't think U2 could ever stop taking themselves so seriously to ever do a ska song. Maybe back in the 90's, but not now.

Well they did record a reggae song in the last decade.

Both have a long way to go before their respective bands have even an ounce of grit, but this couldn't hurt.

Hope Gibbard doesn't fall off the wagon.

Let's not kid ourselves. She & Him will continue to be terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom