Random Music Talk XLV: In which we form a punk rock band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can play the bass at least as well as Sid Vicious.

Ke$ha's favorite songs!

Ke$ha | Rolling Stone | Artists Pick Their Favorite Songs

1. "Sympathy For The Devil" | The Rolling Stones, 1968

At the beginning, you have the jungle beat and the screaming. It could be a human being or a bird. But whatever it is, it makes me want to go fucking crazy.

2. "School's Out" | Alice Cooper, 1972

Recently somebody referenced "Tik Tok" as a more contemporary pop version of "School's Out." I just played the song with Alice at the Whiskey, actually. The thing gets my blood boiling. It's just an anthem for every adolescent.

3. "Bohemian Rhapsody" | Queen, 1975

I first heard this in Wayne's World, my favorite movie. My friends and I used to get fucked up in L.A. and ride around in our version of the Mirthmobile and scream it at the top of our lungs.

4. "White Room" | Cream, 1968

The first time I heard this, it came on the radio when I was getting laid in the back of a car. I was like, "Whatever this is, it's my new favorite song."

5. "Thickfreakness" | The Black Keys, 2003

This takes me back to when I used to chase the Black Keys around Southern California at 17. I met them a few times, and they were terrified of me.

6. "Real Wild Child (Wild One)" | Iggy Pop, 1986

This is my theme song. It's my walk-off music at shows. Iggy is one of my ultimate heroes.

7. "Hey Ya" | OutKast, 2003

One of the best songs of hip-hop ever. A party anthem forever.

8. "Black Dog" | Led Zeppelin, 1971

The other night I got back from a strip club in Portland, this came on, and I started destroying my hotel room. Granted, I was hammered, and it was a full moon.

9. "Honky Tonkin'" | Hank Williams, 1946

This is the original tearing-up-the-club song. It just makes me want to drink whiskey.

10. "Psycho Killer" | Talking Heads, 1977

David Byrne is fucking amazing, and they pushed boundaries. My friends and I loved this song so much we decided to give each other "Psycho Killer" tattoos inside our lips, but we were so fucked up it ended being a disgusting, bloody mess. This comes on, I dance even if I'm dead sober.

I fucking love Ke$ha.

Right?

By the way, how did I miss that these fat fuckers busted out "Staring At The Sun" the other night in that Clinton Foundation performance? You guys need to keep me up on this shit. Off to find the video. Song is the jam. I'm nearly great, but there's something missing. I left it in the duty free.

EDIT: Hold up. Bono wrote an entire new final verse to "Sunday Bloody Sunday?" Is this new, or has he done it before? I think I like it.

the slash is to denote the conclusion of some extended thought as in:

/tirade

/hyperbole

The hash tag would be used for a humourous labeling of statement, so it would probably be more appropriate for what you wrote.

/lesson

#themoreyouknow

I haven't heard or watched any of the songs or the videos for that shit.

/bad fan

or should it have been #badfan

Just as well. Bono was kinda off. It was weirdly disturbing to me even though the performances were sort of good. But apparently other people really liked it.

I'm getting a big kick out of watching Cockplay fans fight in the designated thread.

Clearly this album is not going to be the overwhelming, unequivocal masterpiece people were delusionally hoping for.

And if the Biggest Band In The World mantle is going to be taken over by a band led by some froggy-throated, piano-playing twat, then maybe rock truly is dead.

Just as well. Bono was kinda off.

Watching it right now, and I think he's kind of kicking ass.

That speech he made before "Sunday Bloody Sunday" actually caused Clinton to spontaneously jump out of his seat and wear a smile bigger than he's had since Monica Lewinsky finished the job.

Clinton actually had the best line of the night - "Now I can say there's a girl I picked up a girl in North Korea." Hillary thought it was hilarious.

the slash is to denote the conclusion of some extended thought as in:

/tirade

/hyperbole

The hash tag would be used for a humourous labeling of statement, so it would probably be more appropriate for what you wrote.

/lesson

#themoreyouknow

Thank you

#nowIknow

And apparently I missed somebody's birthday. :sad:

If you'd ever check your facebook, you woulda known.
:kiss:
That speech he made before "Sunday Bloody Sunday" actually caused Clinton to spontaneously jump out of his seat and wear a smile bigger than he's had since Monica Lewinsky finished the job.

You are so fucked up.
:up:

And if the Biggest Band In The World mantle is going to be taken over by a band led by some froggy-throated, piano-playing twat, then maybe rock truly is dead.
I approve of this post.

Holy shit, I just remembered the Lou Reed song "Dirty Blvd." !!!!!!!!

Fuck, hearing a song that you love for the first time in years after having totally forgotten about is a really good feeling.

That whole album is great. One of Lou's 3 or 5 best IMO.

Don't forget Romeo Had Juliet, Strawman, Hold On, There Is No Time, Busload of Faith, etc.

I'm also very partial to Set The Twilight Reeling if we're talking post-70's Lou. His guitar work on that album is just astounding, and if you've never heard it you must do yourself the favor.

Lou Reed Egg Cream (HQ) - YouTube

So the lifestyle editor at the newspaper I'm working at worked for Pitchfork.

I don't know what else to say but I'm gonna have an awesome conversation tomorrow.

People keep quoting just this graph and I somehow failed to read the whole original post. I was trying to figure out why you were calling our beloved Thom a twat and how a band in crises was suddenly taking over the BBW mantle.

Then I saw the cockplay.

Back
Top Bottom