Random Music Talk XLV: In which we form a punk rock band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never paid Dirty Proj any attention before. Will now. I wonder if they just have massive orgies

Hit up the song "Stillness Is The Move."

It's really the only track of theirs I love, although admittedly I haven't spent too much time with the other stuff. Some of these other guys know more about them than I do.

i was incredibly disappointed by rise above, but for reasons that will definitely not be a problem for cobbler. only me, apparently.

I haven't bothered with it, but I can't imagine any set of circumstances in which Rise Above wouldn't be a total piece of shit. And I don't place Damaged on a pedestal or anything. It's just a weird fucking idea.

i do have a lot of love for damaged. no pedestal or anything, but it has its place of importance as far as i'm concerned. weird idea or no (and yes, it definitely is a strange idea), i still expected that i'd find it interesting. the song "rise above" ended up being a completely unlistenable piece of crap as far as i was concerned. i don't care how much mofo enjoys it, i wasn't able to make it through their entire interpretation without feeling like my ears were about to start bleeding at any second.

That Arctic Monkeys album is indeed fucking sweet, GAF, et al. It's just one seriously good tune after another.

Twitter / Kanye West: GOODMUSIC.THE ALBUM.SPRING2012

"@kanyewest: GOODMUSIC.THE ALBUM.SPRING2012"

1239788892_jizz-in-my-pants.gif

Not sure if this discussion would be of much concern to anyone here besides iYup, but I definitely prefer Tim Hecker's Harmony In Ultraviolet over his new album. It's more subtle, coherent and, frankly, pretty. I felt Ravedeath was almost abusive in the way it utilized noise, with a couple pretty moments tacked on the end to make it all better. Ultraviolet sounds like a more downtempo version of the interludes on In Ghost Colours, but for 45 minutes. This is far cooler than it may sound.

LemonMelon said:
Ultraviolet sounds like a more downtempo version of the interludes on In Ghost Colours, but for 45 minutes. This is far cooler than it may sound.

I would hope so cos that sounds pretty boring. I listened to IGC yesterday actually. So good. Perfect for sticky summer weather.

PhilsFan said:
I liked Ravedeath for what it was, but it didn't stick with me that much.

Same. Enjoyed it while it was on, but I feel there are better examples of the genre out there. Like apparently his earlier work.

cobl04 said:
I would hope so cos that sounds pretty boring. I listened to IGC yesterday actually. So good. Perfect for sticky summer weather.

It's not, at all. But then again, the weather here is atrocious: 40 degrees, windy, and the paths here on campus have about a half inch of standing water on them. It's time for some downtempo shit.

Not sure if this discussion would be of much concern to anyone here besides iYup, but I definitely prefer Tim Hecker's Harmony In Ultraviolet over his new album. It's more subtle, coherent and, frankly, pretty. I felt Ravedeath was almost abusive in the way it utilized noise, with a couple pretty moments tacked on the end to make it all better. Ultraviolet sounds like a more downtempo version of the interludes on In Ghost Colours, but for 45 minutes. This is far cooler than it may sound.

It's a tough call for me between the two. Ravedeath apparently was recorded in an abandoned cathedral, and it feels like it: I love the ominous tones of the organ and the droning textures. Ultraviolet definitely has its strong points as well, though.

Cross posting. My first big cover story. :D it's about mixed martial arts, Warrior, fight clubs, and why people fight.

http://www.thecityweekly.com.au/new...es-suburban-warriors/2329613.aspx?storypage=0

Unfortunately the sub editors played around with it a fair bit, but that's writing I spose. There's one grammatical mistake (see if you can pick it up) and they also spelt the director's name wrong, even though I didn't.

But still, yay for me!

And here's the Joel Edgerton interview.

http://www.thecityweekly.com.au/new...-edgerton-back-to-the-fight-club/2329620.aspx

Cross posting. My first big cover story. :D it's about mixed martial arts, Warrior, fight clubs, and why people fight.

Meet Melbourne's suburban warriors - Local News - News - General - The City Weekly

Unfortunately the sub editors played around with it a fair bit, but that's writing I spose. There's one grammatical mistake (see if you can pick it up) and they also spelt the director's name wrong, even though I didn't.

But still, yay for me!

And here's the Joel Edgerton interview.

Joel Edgerton: Back to the fight club - Local News - News - General - The City Weekly

There should be a comma after "Gym" in the third paragraph? The comma after "on" in the sixth paragraph isn't really necessary.

I think putting "surprising" before "variety of backgrounds" is a bit subjective.

Don't they give you a byline?

It's requiring a whole lot of willpower to restrain myself from posting "Friggin' Cobbler" in the comments section. If someone had beat me to it and I had seen that underneath I might have pissed my pants.

lazarus said:
I think putting "surprising" before "variety of backgrounds" is a bit subjective.

Don't they give you a byline?

It's requiring a whole lot of willpower to restrain myself from posting "Friggin' Cobbler" in the comments section. If someone had beat me to it and I had seen that underneath I might have pissed my pants.

I didn't write that, that was the subs. And I was pretty fucking shocked by it.

Do it. I'll piss my pants.

Many moons ago, I used to be first in line outside the venue for every Pavement show I saw; would often roll up late afternoon.

Tonight, I'm probably going to show up to see THE MALK! right before he takes the stage.

No interest in seeing "Ty Seagal", whoever the fuck that is.

Back
Top Bottom