Random Music Talk XLIX: Celebrating traditional Australian customs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you know how I mentioned liking it when an awesome artist comes immediately after an artist you're listening to on your music player? Well I apparently also like it when an embarrassing artist comes on after an artist I'm listening to on my music player as well.

Belinda Carlisle after Beirut

Nice. You should get all of their phone numbers for me.

I've got a couple of friends out in San Francisco for the week. My old college is playing UCLA in a bowl game there tomorrow. It's probably not going to be a very good game, but I'm still pretty excited for it. It's the last football game I will care about for at least 7 months.

An early-decade demo of Britney Spears working with James Murphy, trying to figure out a vocal melody:

Hearing that cowbell in there made me laugh.

I would have liked to hear whatever they might have ended up with.

Gotta say, Brit-Brit's latest album was one of my favorite of the year. Two of the singles are definitely in my top 5 songs of the year.

Adam needs to go back to the big glasses, yellow guitar, and that indescribable stage outfit.

adam-pop-3.jpg

I'll never get over how insane these guys were in 1997. In a good way.

Bono and Adam kept the Colombian economy alive in 1997 with the amount of coke they were blowing on PopMart.

What are you guys doing for New Year's Eve?

Does everybody have somebody to kiss at midnight?!?!?!?

OMG OMG OMG OMG!

Going to a fancy party (courtesy of a friend who is playing in the band at the party), which is pretty cool because I never go out for the big night. Should be fun.

Hanging out with family. I live close to two of my brothers now that I haven't lived near in a decade. And my parents are in town for the week. And my wife has her normal Saturday's rehearsal for The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas cancelled due to the holiday, thank goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom