Random Music Talk XLIX: Celebrating traditional Australian customs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can check out the ukulele's, too.

Make Zach proud.

Beirut+elephant+gun.png

Grado Labs | Headphones

SR60's and SR80's have both won a boatload of awards, and are relatively cheap. I've had the 60's for 4 or 5 years, and love them. '80's supposedly have more bass than the '60's, if you're into that sort of thing. They're the type of headphones you likely will only want to use at home, as they're handmade (aka ugly), and also "open", so you'll be giving off some sound from the headphones if you try to use them at work.

They have a number of other types more expensive, that are all good as well. One of my friends has the 125's or 225's, I can never remember which, and they're awesome.

I would like to add that I took Mofo's advice and picked up some SR60's last year. They're awesome

I never saw that Red Riding Hood movie (for obvious reasons), so I had no clue until year end lists came out that Fever Ray had a new track on it. Song is pretty awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zsnw6yxH2o

Hopefully the rumors of a new Knife album next year turn true (and it isn't another soundtrack to a ballet).

Off to NYE festival. Muscles, Grandmaster Flash, Gotye, Scissor Sisters.

More importantly we have 31 bottles of alcohol stashed in two cars. Here's hoping we get it all.

Happy new year peeps later

That could have worked.

And some of her tunes definitely fit the vibe of the story and the film. She could have done a song or two for the soundtrack.

Rooney is sensational, though.

I may have said this before, I can't really remember, but this is easily one of my favorite album covers of the year:

tgwtdt-soundtrack.jpg

So I'm back in MD with Ashley. God, the people in my hometown are retarded. I just saw a sign with 6-step directions to applying hand sanitizer to one's hands.

There is a genre prevalent in Chicago bars that I like to call "guy with acoustic guitar and some feelings." I find that this genre has very little to offer.

iron yuppie said:
There is a genre prevalent in Chicago bars that I like to call "guy with acoustic guitar and some feelings." I find that this genre has very little to offer.

Hahahaha

My school had a charity music night and 40% of it was guy with acoustic guitar and some feelings. The rest was guy-girl twee and slowcore. I felt like I was on some generic narcotic all night long. With a really boring buzz.

At least he's getting up there and going for it. Not everybody has the ability to play guitar and sing at the same time, let alone do it on a stage in front of a crowd, you know? Good for guy with acoustic guitar and some feelings.

I'm not part of that genre, by the way. If I were to actually take a shot at performing, first of all, I wouldn't do it in Chicago...I'd probably go to either NYC, LA, or Nashville, and I'd be "guy with electric guitar and other band members who wear black leather jackets and like to get drunk on stage while singing Ramones and Rolling Stones covers."

It's only Thursday, and I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday, but I'm already feeling like the holidays flew by and I don't want to go back to work. Friggin' time.

"The Creature" from the recent Kurt Vile EP, 'So Far Outta Reach', is pretty awesome. One of my favorite songs of his already probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom