Random Music Talk XLIV: Haunted By Dalton's Ghost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemed like they were all having a conversation in there. Not sure why a thread starter can request a thread closed because they don't like the way it's going.

There wasn't really even any inflammatory posts. It was relatively civil compared to 99.9% of the other threads in that forum. Not a fan of the starter.

I bought a case for like $5 from a crappy asian shop. It's like hard rubber. And it is fucking indestructible. Dropped my iphone a million times and still yet to crack the screen. Best value for money ever.

Just buy one of the fancy reissues of Achtung, and you'll get it.

By the way, Martha, do you like the "new" Black Lips as much as me? Definitely in my top 10 albums this year, so much fun.

No. I'm good.

And, sort of. I don't find it as tedious as 200 Million or whatever that was, but there's something about it that doesn't quite work for me. Maybe after I wake up a little, I'll be able to articulate it.

Seemed like they were all having a conversation in there. Not sure why a thread starter can request a thread closed because they don't like the way it's going.
I don't understand why Jive's was closed when his article wasn't even the same as the SlutWalks one. Yes, the article got brought up in that thread, but that wasn't what the thread started began that thread with. It wasn't a spinoff.

U2.com has confirmed that Achtung Baby is remastered. (Maybe) it's safe to go back into the other place now?

Is Nick66 ok?

Have people pointed and laughed at him yet?

Also, a bit of vindication for our friend Lazarus, who vehemently insisted it was remastered from the start.

The idea that it wasn't remastered was so buttfuckingly stupid in the first place. I don't care one way or another since they still can't figure out the vinyl thing, but it's good to see common sense win out.

That AB/Zooropa set is :drool:. But two things: no love for Zooropa in individual releases? And why include Sydney in such a high up set, they've got to know anyone who would buy those sets already has the Sydney DVD, I was hoping they'd include Stockholm so we'd get an Inside Broadcast show and a previously unreleased show like they did with JT.

And why include Sydney in such a high up set, they've got to know anyone who would buy those sets already has the Sydney DVD, I was hoping they'd include Stockholm so we'd get an Inside Broadcast show and a previously unreleased show like they did with JT.

I think everyone agrees with you here. People have been questioning that decision since the release announcement was made lo those many weeks ago.

I think everyone agrees with you here. People have been questioning that decision since the release announcement was made lo those many weeks ago.

I've been out of the loop, I didn't realize that information was out there before the track-listing. You'd think the fans would have been vocal enough for them to change their minds. But alas the thing has probably gone into production by now.

Is Zooropa remastered?

Lucky for me, I only have the Sydney show on VHS. I've actually never upgraded any of the "old" U2 concert films, so I personally am not complaining about it being included. I probably won't ever watch it again anyway, so whatever.

I was going to buy the double-disc set and wait for the documentary release, but now the digi-packaging has turned me off to the double-disc as well, as ridiculous as that may sound. Basically, there is no incarnation of this reissue that seems attractive to me at the moment.

I'm going to download the whole Achtung Baby thing illegally and watch From the Sky Down on Showtime or whatever the hell it's going to be on. I may eventually buy the remastered album(s), but that's as much as I'll spend on.

I'm going to download the whole Achtung Baby thing illegally and watch From the Sky Down on Showtime or whatever the hell it's going to be on. I may eventually buy the remastered album(s), but that's as much as I'll spend on.

I was kinda half keen to spend quite a bit on this box set when it was orginally announced, but realising I don't really need any of the stuff out of the uber box set, so I will probably do something similar. Its just far too expensive, I mean I could go see the band live 4 or so times for that price!

Extremely tempted to buy this:

JYZ52941.jpg

$57 after shipping.

Like I'm reeeally fucking tempted.

As in I'll probably have bought it by the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom